Ortona

Paul John

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
But seriously, super fantastic looking map and I look forward to playing on it!
Thanks for the effort!!!

Paul John

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am also wondering about the beaches. Is this why you and Magnus have been ruling the landing scenarios?
(I know nothing about the historical battle.) Would be cool to have land and sea assaults going on together.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I am also wondering about the beaches. Is this why you and Magnus have been ruling the landing scenarios?
(I know nothing about the historical battle.) Would be cool to have land and sea assaults going on together.
No seaborne assault historically.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Ortona is on the east side of Italy, probably a logistical challenge though I recall reading about the German 65th Infantry Division moving by train at about this time (Dec 1943) and in this area - and how their locomotive kept getting shot by British destroyers out to sea, so the RN was at least present if not active at the time. Of course the Allies landed at Anzio in February, not sure how far in advance they had to marshall all those landing craft but I'm sure there were shortages and risking them in a landing at Ortona wouldn't have made much sense.

CTKnudsen

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Funicular Railway. A funicular railway exists between hexes _ and ____. An infantry unit which starts its MPh in either of these hexes may, at the cost of all their MF, move from one hex to the other. Such a squad may not use Double time, is considered to be using hazardous movement but with a +1 TEM modifier, and the moving player must sing "Jamme, jamme n'coppa, jamme ja! Jamme, jamme n'coppa, jamme ja! Funiculi, funicula! Funiculi, funicula! N'coppa, jamme ja! Funiculi, funicula!" during any such movement.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes posted they when I as tired!
No slight intended, just wanted to make sure that's what you meant. Everyone's English-as-a-second-language here is far, far better than any of my non-English since I only speak American.