Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

Brad M-V

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Well, proof would've been you catching it on video, because as it stands now it may indeed be just a trick. Almost all doubting aside though, I doubt anyone makes a better radio contact roll then you just did, unless it's with a clipped counter. ;-)

Barking Monkey

Reaction score
First name
John
Country
llUnited States
So I'm playing OtO-S1 "Breakthrough to Orsha" and I've lined up my Sturmovik to make an attack run on a Marder II. I pass my sighting TC, the ENEMY AA has already spent itself on my other Sturmovik, I make my bombing To Hit roll and nail it. Yay! - with the HE to kill value of my bomb load and the papery armor of the Marder (open topped to boot) it's an automatic kill - I'm just rolling to see if it's a fiery wreck or the boring kind, right? "12" Dud! Grrr. But I don't grumble too much 'cuz I've double checked chapter E and I know I also get to make a MG attack on the thing. With 12FP - my sketchy memory seems to suggest OT afv are unarmored targets vs. aerial attack, but even if they aren't FB44 TK should still have a halfway decent shot at taking out the Marder...right? Well, DR "12" MG malfunction and my Sturmovik is recalled! Aaargh. Bombs and guns both faulty - I think I'm whispering into the Political officer's ear about my ground crew when I get back to base.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
So I'm playing OtO-S1 "Breakthrough to Orsha" and I've lined up my Sturmovik to make an attack run on a Marder II. I pass my sighting TC, the ENEMY AA has already spent itself on my other Sturmovik, I make my bombing To Hit roll and nail it. Yay! - with the HE to kill value of my bomb load and the papery armor of the Marder (open topped to boot) it's an automatic kill - I'm just rolling to see if it's a fiery wreck or the boring kind, right? "12" Dud! Grrr. But I don't grumble too much 'cuz I've double checked chapter E and I know I also get to make a MG attack on the thing. With 12FP - my sketchy memory seems to suggest OT afv are unarmored targets vs. aerial attack, but even if they aren't FB44 TK should still have a halfway decent shot at taking out the Marder...right? Well, DR "12" MG malfunction and my Sturmovik is recalled! Aaargh. Bombs and guns both faulty - I think I'm whispering into the Political officer's ear about my ground crew when I get back to base.
Hehe... Wait until you attempt to lower your landing gear... ?

Your trusty ground crew

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just the impact of the bomb should have done SOME damage. At least a STUN. ;) Or a Task Check for the crew to change their underwear.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Never P--- Off your ground crew. After all, they might forget to put your parachute in the plane.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Started "The Guards Counterattack" for the umpteenth time to educate a returning ASL player by VASL.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Firsts for me today playing Rocket's Red Glare: Bounding fire shot a critical hit. 5KIA. Rubbles the building and creates a flame.
People often think that CH increase the chance of rubble. But they don't. For rubble purposes the shot is treated as a normal non CH.