Red October CG I: X-TAG (2019 AAR)

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
A third CG I X-TAG have been played, despite house rules to boost the Russian side, they are still outgunned and overpowered.
We will start our fourth, RO CG I X-TAG in December and have made some serious changes that will make the CG more balanced and better represent the historical battle.

Hopefully the Leaflet House Rules will be released before Russian X-MAS (i.e., in December- early Januari), after some more playtest.

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Awesome documentary, so question arises: knowing that the Russians have a manpower shortage issue. is it wise to engage the Germans so far from the factory as I have seen, some players do. It seems wasting the troops holding buildings that can be isolated is not the correct use of the resources. So what is your solution to this tactical problem?
Care to be more specific or do you want a 200 PAGE document ???

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Read especially what happen to things (like SW) when things catch fire in a FACTORY. a total DISASTER FOR THE RUSSIAN, a rather surprising ASL rule.

For the Russian just read the history. What was true there is true here.

It makes sense to secure flanks
etc don't expect to last too long in factories with fewer units.

DON'T (as the German) get involved with long slugfests esp in factories. Co -ordinate everything when you
attack big factories OBA/ AFV/ Pioneers/ Stuka etc. This is no time to start sharing the cake !

The only exception to the above is when it aids in a bigger encirclement. This is very difficult to do in factories,

you should also disrupt sewer movement by fortifying any you have. This stops Russian use AS LONG AS
IT is German manned ( even a HS).

Hope this helps.