A25.33 American OBA Draw Pile for Scarce Ammunition

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
You can have whatever SSR sets your draw pile to be but you can't have plentiful and scarce ammo.
It takes ,01 seconds to realize that.
It's like saying I'm broken and in good order.

C'mon people we are wasting electrons here.
To complicate matters I could see a SSR that has separate draw piles for HE and Smoke, ie. Normal HE, Scarce Smoke or WP.?

Last edited:

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I could see a SSR that has

To complicate matters I could see a SSR that has separate draw piles for HE and Smoke, ie. Normal HE, Scarce Smoke or WP.?

Think big!
How about mixed fire missions with random locations of either Smoke or HE Concentration within the 9 hex blast area, which will vary for each FFE:1, FFE:2, and FFE:C... ?

von Marwitz

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Think big!
How about mixed fire missions with random locations of either Smoke or HE Concentration within the 9 hex blast area, which will vary for each FFE:1, FFE:2, and FFE:C... ?

von Marwitz
Now that's what I call thinking big! ?. While we're at it a SSR for HE Near Miss from SL!

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I'm a 'Merican. Our "vintages" come with screw-top, pop-top, or twist-off openings ...
It's been some time, but last time I have been there, the beverage you likely allude to came in aluminum cans, tasted like yellow water, lacked almost any alcohol and was labelled Bud light. Which the dude below would certainly not have found funny.

But coming from Germany, I might be a bit spoiled with regard to beer.

von Marwitz

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
It's been some time, but last time I have been there, the beverage you likely allude to came in aluminum cans, tasted like yellow water, lacked almost any alcohol and was labelled Bud light. Which the dude below would certainly not have found funny.

View attachment 14663

But coming from Germany, I might be a bit spoiled with regard to beer.

von Marwitz
Light beer, a travesty. I'm not a beer drinker but that stuff is worthless. Wine, tequila and rum all achieve the desired effect quite nicely ?.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
You surprise me! I did not expect you to indulge in grape juice.

von Marwitz
Any port in a storm! Fruit juice of any kind mysteriously dissapeared on the sub soon after we submerged. Torpedo juice.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Any port in a storm! Fruit juice of any kind mysteriously dissapeared on the sub soon after we submerged. Torpedo juice.
I never quite understood the penchant for making torpedo juice when it would have been easier to just secrete a couple bottles of booze onboard. Tradition I guess.

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
This idea has merit.

I'd like to see a "NOBA" Draw Pile for HE, combined with a "Scarce-Ammo" Draw Pile for SMOKE. In the latter case, I'd probably start with a basic KMT (5B/2R) Draw Pile and adjust up or down depending on how scarce one wanted SMOKE to be. For example, 5B/3R for "First Line" OB, 5B/4R for "Second Line" OB, or 6B/3R for an "Elite" OB.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I never quite understood the penchant for making torpedo juice when it would have been easier to just secrete a couple bottles of booze onboard. Tradition I guess.
In Iraq we always relied upon the Tennessee guys to get "shampoo" sent from home (alcohol purchase not permitted while deployed). I suppose now they get "hand sanitizer" in their care packages.