Would you do it?

PabloGS

Reaction score
Country
llChile
I have just got some new funds and I am wondering if it is worth spending some of them on 2nd copies of ASL modules. The modules in question are CdG2, Konigsberg and OtO2. In total the amount would be about £400. A lot of money for three modules which I have one copy of already. Would you be tempted to spend that on 2nd copies?
I could find plenty of ways to spend £400 on games (not ASL necessarily) before buying duplicates of what I already own. For instance, some rare out of print solo games, like Carrier, Ambush! or Tokio Express. MMP actually also announced they have two Case Blue in ziploc for $325 each, which they will raffle from everyone that submits an email. ASL related, some third party (not CH) that I might not own, or improve my storage system. Anyway, as most of my gaming is online I have not even sorted the Ami counters from Yanks 2 into my RAACOs lol.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
Not even remotely. I don't buy second copies anyway, but if you're talking about scarce disposable income, there are so many better options, starting with saving it.

Mostly, I just want rid of stuff these days. Saw one of those "if your house was on fire, what would you run in to get?" things and realized I would stand on the curb, watch it burn feeling only relief and replace virtually nothing.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Not even remotely. I don't buy second copies anyway, but if you're talking about scarce disposable income, there are so many better options, starting with saving it.

Mostly, I just want rid of stuff these days. Saw one of those "if your house was on fire, what would you run in to get?" things and realized I would stand on the curb, watch it burn feeling only relief and replace virtually nothing.
I would chuck the cats out the window followed by the wife, so she would have soft things to land on. Then I'd land on them all!!

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine

I'd get the dog, then the wife, then my ASL. In that order. The wife second so I can send her back inside, worried by me and the dog, to grab the ASL.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've seldom found a second copy of the same print run is much different than the first copy so have never gone that route for personal gain but have bought a 2nd copy as a gift for a person that was starting out in ASL. I have gotten a reprint [EX: BV3] as a replacement for my BV1 that was trashed in a home fire (same with Yanks 2, but also for new scenarios & other items). I have purchased CdG2 just for the same reasons others have noted: The Dinant CG; as well as the recent release of RB when it was released in RF for both the RO CG and the updated terrain, overlays and updated rules (nice maps too).

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
I'd get the dog, then the wife, then my ASL. In that order. The wife second so I can send her back inside, worried by me and the dog, to grab the ASL.
I didn't realize I had to specify I'd go back for my wife and/or daughter, I took that as assumed.

I'd let the ASL burn and start another hobby...or not.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I didn't realize I had to specify I'd go back for my wife and/or daughter, I took that as assumed.
Other than my wife, there is nothing I would go back for. Even all my important documents and pictures have been scanned, encrypted, and sent to the cloud. Life would go on. With any luck, my cell phone would stay in the fire :) -- jim

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Told the wife about your post. She LHAO!!! I'm supposed to tell you that she thought it was hilarious!! Then that your wife should say FU!!? Give yourself a star, it takes a lot to make her laugh !

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Between all the HASLs with lots of counters, and good quality third party counters, I don’t buy second copies of anything. I rotate out worn counters, and replace them with new ones in the trays.

When official maps wear out, I order another copy. The TPP ones don’t get used enough to wear out. (Maybe the HoB / BFP hill double wide, but I did get High Ground 2, for the additional maps and scenarios.)

So, I guess my rule is, unless there is something new in a product, AND I want it, I don’t buy it.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
There are four things that I have prized collections of. ASL, books, music CDs and chess sets. If the house burnt down I would be very upset to lose them.

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Buy OtO 2 you ask?
The answer is definitely yes!!! ??
I second that emotion!
My copy of OtO 2 arrived around the time that the pandemic shutdown started, and the timing couldn't be better. I've played all of the scenarios, and enjoyed each of them immensely. Each was a nail biter, with victories gained by the narrowest of margins. Quite possibly the best value for the money of any ASL product I've ever purchased. I really enjoyed the PT-34 mine roller tanks!

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
I second that emotion!
My copy of OtO 2 arrived around the time that the pandemic shutdown started, and the timing couldn't be better. I've played all of the scenarios, and enjoyed each of them immensely. Each was a nail biter, with victories gained by the narrowest of margins. Quite possibly the best value for the money of any ASL product I've ever purchased. I really enjoyed the PT-34 mine roller tanks!
The first copy shouldn't be a question.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
In the end I ordered a 2nd copy of CdG2 because it is a core module and the SK expansion pack 2.