King of the Monster Scenarios?

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
My candidate is Clearing the Breskins Pocket, 18 turns, 16 boards and the units from two previous scenarios, 10 artillery modules and air support. This was the Rogue Scenario version, not sure how it was modified for ASL.

This scenario begs to be played on VASL. Could VASL support it?

What is your choice for King of the Monster Scenarios? Not campaign game.

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
My candidate is Clearing the Breskins Pocket, 18 turns, 16 boards and the units from two previous scenarios, 10 artillery modules and air support. This was the Rogue Scenario version, not sure how it was modified for ASL.
U38 Rivers to the Reich

Thunderchief

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Last year I played LN 1-13 Saito's Farewell Order, from the first CH Leatherneck Pack.
4 boards, dense jungle, night.
OBA on board and off board.
50-ish USMC, guns and SW across numerous positions vs 100+ Japanese squads 20+ leaders DC, FT etc.
It took us about 20 hours on VASL over 12 sessions.

Loved it.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Last year I played LN 1-13 Saito's Farewell Order, from the first CH Leatherneck Pack.
4 boards, dense jungle, night.
OBA on board and off board.
50-ish USMC, guns and SW across numerous positions vs 100+ Japanese squads 20+ leaders DC, FT etc.
It took us about 20 hours on VASL over 12 sessions.

Loved it
Very well done!! Big fan of Night scenarios.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
These early monsters were almost the precursor of campaign games.

M.Koch

Grenadier TD
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
The scenarios from the "War Oboe" Pack come to mind...

waltermcwilliam

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

This scenario begs to be played on VASL. Could VASL support it?

What is your choice for King of the Monster Scenarios? Not campaign game.
Played with with Tony Hutton at a Bitter Ender years ago, we finished all three scenarios even though there was no chance of me winning after the first as is Germans were able to delay me significantly. Still one of the best large scenarios out there and IMHO begs to re-looked as a HASL

waltermcwilliam

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's what I do, with an occasional manageable HASL thrown in, with my Big Scenario partner Tony Hutton. Our inaugural scenario was Rehearsal for Crete which was exceptionally fun. We also played Tatiques Staline Prostori for an entire weekend. I would love to try some of ESG's Monster Scenarios they look really fun!

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Played with with Tony Hutton at a Bitter Ender years ago, we finished all three scenarios even though there was no chance of me winning after the first as is Germans were able to delay me significantly. Still one of the best large scenarios out there and IMHO begs to re-looked as a HASL
Nicely done for playing it!! What a behemoth.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
It's what I do, with an occasional manageable HASL thrown in, with my Big Scenario partner Tony Hutton. Our inaugural scenario was Rehearsal for Crete which was exceptionally fun. We also played Tatiques Staline Prostori for an entire weekend. I would love to try some of ESG's Monster Scenarios they look really fun!
I like your attitude, and Tony's also. Great to find a gaming partner who shares your tastes. Again well done and major kudos to you both!

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
It's great that there are events that give players the opportunity to tackle a scenario like this.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
The Mighty Maus

The First Bid

Both have roots in da Bunker
Thanks for mentioning these Richie, I totally agree, wicked scenarios we had a ton of fun making and add in The Last Bid, Tigers and Flames and Falschirmjager Graveyard. All worth playing and a blast for sure, Vic.