Nor'easter XXV: Coming in 2021! Mar 18th-21st, 2021 Fairhaven, MA

=FC=Gorgon

Minister of Propaganda
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello. The YASL gaming group has reserved the Hampton Inn of New Bedford/Fairhaven for Thursday 3/18 to Sunday 3/21 for the 25th anniversary of the Nor'easter ASL tournament. Before you call the hotel for reservations, please do understand that this is essentially pending the approval and distribution of a vaccine for COVID 19 in time before the commencement of the tournament. As such, I would recommend regarding this as a heads up of intent, but with obvious caveats in place.

The plan at this point is to hold the convention with Thursday as an open gaming day and Friday-Sunday as the main tournament, with mini tournaments also held on Friday and Saturday.

Also anticipated for the event is the release of the Nor'easter Pack II in conjunction with Le Franc Tireur (LFT). This pack will include 3 new boards and 15 new scenarios from 12 designers in the New England/New York area. Price TBD.

If circumstances permit, and we hope they do, it should be a great time had by all. We will keep everyone informed, needless to say. For now, just please bookmark the date. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Carl Nogueira at Carlhnogueira@gmail.com.

Thanks,
The Nor'easter staff.

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
please do understand that this is essentially pending the approval and distribution of a vaccine for COVID 19 in time before the commencement of the tournament.
That sets the bar pretty high.

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
please do understand that this is essentially pending the approval and distribution of a vaccine for COVID 19 in time before the commencement of the tournament.
I doubt you will see a vaccine before this date. I work in Pharma and new vaccines usually take 12 to 18 months, minimum. And that's if everything goes right in the trials.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I doubt you will see a vaccine before this date. I work in Pharma and new vaccines usually take 12 to 18 months, minimum. And that's if everything goes right in the trials.
Understood, but we shall see. That said, it's the only way I can see doing it live. VASL as always, remains the back up.

=FC=Gorgon

Minister of Propaganda
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We're an optimistic bunch. :) We got the dates and hopefully things will work out!

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok guys, we have come to the conclusion that the only practical thing to do is hold the Nor'Easter, from 3/18-3/21, virtually again. While POSSIBLE that they may have the vaccine available to everyone by then, that would require bureaucracy to run smoothly. I slay me. So as I was saying, we will be holding it virtually this year. The scenario list is already done. Please see the events and tournaments section of this forum in the next couple of days for all the details.
Thanks guys,
Carl

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How/ When will the scenario/ board pack be released?

The pack is already itemized on the Archive.

Am I missing something?