Do air bursts occur in any terrain other than woods?

Pte Parts

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
In my current scenario I have a light mortar firing on units in olive groves. The rules do not mention air bursts for these terrain types so I am assuming they do not give a -1 here. The tress must be spaced far enough apart for the rounds to hit the ground before exploding.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Jungle and Bamboo are woods related terrains which will have Air Bursts happen too.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Technically I am not sure Bamboo has Air Bursts, but IIRC, it has a - 1 TEM vs Ordnance HE attacks, sort of the same.

NRBH though, so I could be remembering wrong.

A_T_Great

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bamboo is treated like dense jungle except as stated otherwise. Dense jungle has airburst so bamboo does as well, but other attacks are also -1 Ordnance/OBA HE, DC, and bombardment.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Bamboo is treated like dense jungle except as stated otherwise. Dense jungle has airburst so bamboo does as well, but other attacks are also -1 Ordnance/OBA HE, DC, and bombardment.
And it also says : "The Residual FP of an attack that received the bamboo -1 TEM is increased by one IFT column (like Air Bursts ; A8.26)."
The like Airburst remark seems to say that the -1 vs HE replaces the Air Burst -1 DRM, even though the rule doesn't explicitely rule out the latter.
I would presume that as a general rule, two different TEM are not cumulative (but Entrenchment and Air Bursts are).
I nevertheless would be astonished that Bamboo suffers -2 vs Indirect Fire, as the rule includes the latter in the broader -1 DRM : the "excepted as stated otherwise" could mean that this broader DRM takes the place of the Air Burst one...

A_T_Great

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
To me that just meant, this is how residual for these attacks is done, and if you want more information read about the airburst residual in chapter A.