Double ASL'ers?

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Can't believe no one's ever asked.

Are there any ASL'ers who know American Sign Language?

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
I took it in high school, I even have a name-sign (the sign for turtle, but the "body" hand is the letter S), but I wouldn't say I know it.

pj norton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Had a deaf great aunt and drove for The Michigan School For The Deaf in Flint so I learned the alphabet and some complete signs. My girlfriend is a speech pathologist so she teaches me some more signs.

hayman

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I hope you’re not discriminating against the Australian Sign Language (AUSLAN as it’s known down here) Advanced Squad Leader players.?
But, alas, I don’t speak the lingo (emojis are the only sign language I know ?).

Kijug

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Country
llUnited States
Only used it in grade school to cheat in spelling with a buddy across the classroom! :p
I remember the alphabet, but that's it.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
At college, for a brief time I was actually able to read braille and was somewhat conversant in American Sign Language. I guess those were the first neurons to die from alcohol poisoning.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
At college, for a brief time I was actually able to read braille and was somewhat conversant in American Sign Language. I guess those were the first neurons to die from alcohol poisoning.
That was supposed to help, not hinder. Using the buffalo herd analogy where wolves kill off the slow or feeble of the herd first; I always adhered to the principal in those days that alcohol always killed off the slow brain cells, hence why I seemed to get smarter the more I drank. o_O