Kohima

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Shaun Carter got in touch a couple of weeks back (hope he wouldn't mind me mentioning it) stating that he would be attending, and would likely be playtesting Kohima.
MAN I hope Kohima becomes reality. It has a soft spot in my heart since it's one of the first HASL maps I was given a chance to do, and IMO it's really interesting. There's a real "sense of place" to it. Or maybe I just stared at it for too long.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Will be good to see this move forward. Did some playtesting with Shaun down at Intensive Fire ages ago. Good scenarios and excellent map!

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
How is this going?
Totally dead I'd say. Sean was in touch recently to say he won't be coming to the tournament in November. Not for me to say in any depth but I'm sure he'd allow me to say "other life priorities beyond ASL" (not in a bad way)

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Totally dead I'd say. Sean was in touch recently to say he won't be coming to the tournament in November. Not for me to say in any depth but I'm sure he'd allow me to say "other life priorities beyond ASL" (not in a bad way)
I thought that there was to be a pass off to LFT for this project?

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Too bad (in an ASL way) as the last time I saw the map it was beautiful and the scenarios looked quite good at a glance. However, time marches on and though perhaps I may never see it published, at some distant point perhaps he'll get the bug again and proceed with the venture. Unfortunately it certainly wouldn't be the first good project to die on the vine though if it never comes to fruition.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Say it ain't so! I was really looking forward to Kohima. :cry:

von Marwitz

Xavier 658

LFT Magazine Editor
Reaction score
First name
Xavier
Country
llSpain
I thought that there was to be a pass off to LFT for this project?
Correct, but we have our own projects and since Steve is in a certain way out of reach, or at least has extremely little time available, we will not resume it on our own. So it may still take some time, although we do have all the material: rules, map, scenarios, and so on.

Best,

X

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Correct, but we have our own projects and since Steve is in a certain way out of reach, or at least has extremely little time available, we will not resume it on our own. So it may still take some time, although we do have all the material: rules, map, scenarios, and so on.

Best,

X
Oh, that's a bummer.

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Indeed, this seems to be an unusually large tennis court.
I actually looked up the dimensions on Wikipedia and confirmed that they haven't changed much over the course of time, and assumed that the British, being sticklers for standards, would want to have a regulation-sized court even if Kohima is roughly 5000 miles from Wimbledon. The actual court itself is only like 23m on the long side, but I figured every tennis court has lots of boundary room around the edges for stray balls and whatnot. When I expanded things thusly, it came out as you see.

Shrug. I was pretty happy with it. Course, I couldn't confirm whether the surface was green or not, but I figured a bit of artistic license was ok.

Considering that nobody's going to play on this court, EVER, does it matter?

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
Is this moving forward?
It doesn't feel like it.

Shaun visited Bounding Fire Blackpool tournament about 18 months back with the maps and spent a while discussing it. Since then, 'nada'.

Contacted him by email a couple of weeks back to establish whether he had any playtesting requirements for forthcoming tournament this November. 'Nada'.

Pretty sure it's dead. It's been 20+ years in the making. Bit enigmatic really.

Last edited: