Pre-Game Setup With HIP

jyoung

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
My opponent sets up a defense with concealed units, HIP units, cloaked units, and HIP fortifications (tunnels, mines, fortified building locations). He sends me the .vsav file, and when I load it I can't see what is under the concealment counters, but I can see his units in the cloaking tray, and I can see the tunnels, mines and fortified building locations. We both have different passwords.
Is there a trick to doing this? Does the setup need to be done with both of us joined to the game (with automatic reporting turned off so we don't see a record of the setup), to get our own separate cloaking trays and to have the HIP fortifications visible to him but not to me?
Cheers,
John

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
Cloaking Tray is essentially obsolete. Just HIP the units under the cloaking counter.
Are you sure he HIP-ed the tunnels/mines/etc via the right-click menu?

jyoung

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Cloaking Tray is essentially obsolete. Just HIP the units under the cloaking counter.
Are you sure he HIP-ed the tunnels/mines/etc via the right-click menu?
Turns out the mines and forts I could see were the ones he deliberately didn't HIP as part of testing, there were others he HIP'd which did work correctly. Communication breakdown on our part :oops:
Thanks for the tip re cloaking counters!