How to become better at using AFVs in ASL?

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Another thread same subject.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Another thread same subject.
Yes, that thread is pointing out and exploring many of the same things we are here. -- jim

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
I need to teach others this simple move,
call it double-sleeze if you like ;)

Quote:
Just so I'm clear on it as this is discussed a lot, another option - which you would have to do in advance - would be to announce "13" instead of "10", i.e. you can choose to spend more than the actual MP cost to enter a hex (is this right?), and thereby stay in Motion?

Answer: Yes.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I need to teach others this simple move,
call it double-sleeze if you like ;)

Quote:
Just so I'm clear on it as this is discussed a lot, another option - which you would have to do in advance - would be to announce "13" instead of "10", i.e. you can choose to spend more than the actual MP cost to enter a hex (is this right?), and thereby stay in Motion?

Answer: Yes.
Correct, you can do that as you enter the hex. Also, you have to ACTUALLY enter the new hex to spend the added MP's. That's covered in D2.18. It's the proper way to burn off MP's. I do it all the time in place of Delay with a moving vehicle. -- jim

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Correct, you can do that as you enter the hex. Also, you have to ACTUALLY enter the new hex to spend the added MP's. That's covered in D2.18. It's the proper way to burn off MP's. I do it all the time in place of Delay with a moving vehicle. -- jim
Yes and the next hex you "wish" to move with a higher cost then the AFV have will grant it to stay in Motion.

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Yes, that thread is pointing out and exploring many of the same things we are here. -- jim
JRV wrote:
Vehicles can remain in Motion if the hex they wish to enter is not feasible. They can exclude some options, i.e. hexes they do not wish to enter. You can argue that these are bad rules, but they are the rules we have now

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
It's pretty darn amusing that you two have a dog and a cat as your respective avatars.
Wanted to upload old advertisement the wife has for " Honest Scrap " showing dog and cat facing off titled " an everyday scrap " but too large to upload. I've uploaded pictures in the past without a problem but can't do it lately. Any suggestions?

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Yes and the next hex you "wish" to move with a higher cost then the AFV have will grant it to stay in Motion.
I am sure you would except you can only declare spending more on ENTRY into a new hex. See D1.28 again for details. -- jim

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Wanted to upload old advertisement the wife has for " Honest Scrap " showing dog and cat facing off titled " an everyday scrap " but too large to upload. I've uploaded pictures in the past without a problem but can't do it lately. Any suggestions?
If it is on the web, you can post a link. -- jim

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Lol. Jim I can't even upload a picture, posting a link may be a bridge too far for this OMSIP.
Find the image. Right click on the image. There will be an option to "copy image address". Select that. Make a new post. In the area you would normally type the message, right click again. Select paste as plain text. Viola! you have posted the link to the image :) -- jim

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Find the image. Right click on the image. There will be an option to "copy image address". Select that. Make a new post. In the area you would normally type the message, right click again. Select paste as plain text. Viola! you have posted the link to the image :) -- jim
I'm really good at making rice, not so good with this newfangled technology. Just check the Google for Honest Scrap and I'll go feed the kitties!

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Deborah wants to know the cat's name on your avatar.