New Desperation Morale Blog Post

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Both of us have not worn a mask at all, and our church has not closed at all, she is on the worship team and I run the sound board. Last week we had 64 folks at church and we are all fine.

Regarding ASLOK I’ll be there in spirit, love pbem on Vasl...

Last edited:

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Why?

Every thing is safe and fine in Ohio no need for fear and panic.

My wife and I just spent a week in Hocking Hills.

We both don’t wear masks and we have been just fine thank your very much.
Is this some sort of joke? Everything is NOT "safe and fine" in Ohio. Ohio is in the middle of a pandemic--and the county where ASLOK is held is one of the state's hotspots. The fact that you and your wife spent a week in a forest is the height of irrelevancy.

Attachments

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Both of us have not worn a mask at all, and our church has not closed at all, she is on the worship team and I run the sound board. Last week we had 64 folks at church and we are all fine.

The ignorance and hubris in this post is astounding.

pixelgeek

Just some guy
Reaction score
First name
Zac
Country
llCanada
Last week we had 64 folks at church and we are all fine.
You are aware that the virus is present in your system for two weeks before you exhibit symptoms and that people can spread the virus during that period? Being 'fine' is actually irrelevant. Its why they want people to wear masks

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I think you all are over reacting. Wearing a mask for long periods of time causes brain damage. It’s unhealthy and you don’t get the proper amount of oxygen.

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think this just shows the two camps of response to this virus

Some people are very frightened, and are still in hiding or taking precautions.

Some people are very over the quarantine, and are now, “ back to normal.”

A lot depends on where you live, and where you get your news....

The impact here where I live, outside of 2 nursing homes, has been minimal. We have far more fatal drug overdoses, before and during this situation.

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Some people are very frightened, and are still in hiding or taking precautions.

Some people are very over the quarantine, and are now, “ back to normal.”
I'd qualify both of these. The "frightened" ones aren't necessarily "scared silly" or "predicting the sky is falling". I'm really concerned of something that seems to be a big deal. Is that "frightened"? Well, sure, I guess, in a way, but not in a mindless, childish, way.

And I wouldn't say the others who are "over the quarantine" are necessarily acting out of immaturity either, like their attention span has been used up and they just can't even anymore.

And yet. It's really easy to ascribe lack of sense, lack of maturity, lack of intelligence, lack of understanding and awareness, to the other side. I think that's where we're at as a country in so many ways. I'm totally guilty of that myself (painting others with a broad brush), and I quite honestly don't see myself changing soon. Sorry to say.

Last edited:

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
here in Chicago, you are required to where a mask in stores and are still required to social distance. I do not mind and hopefully next year there is a vaccine.

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
We are going to organize our annual tournament in Finland in August as planned.

Latest info is that whole country of Finland 2 persons in intensive care, total on 38 are hospitalized for Corona and no new deaths were reported yesterday. Daily amount of new cases reported has been on decline since mid April. So I think it is safe for us. Sometimes it is a good thing to be in a small remote country in the northeastern corner of Europe.

You cannot enter Finland withtout 2 week quarantine, there is an exeption for a small amount of countries like Denmark and Norway which have it under contol as well. However I will not be travelling to Ohio, however much I want to go to ASLOK, in the foreseeable future. On top of the health risk I cannot afford the two week quarantine required upon return from US, and my employer (actually an US company) does not recommend travel to USA.