Chapter H ASL pocket book on the way

daveramsey

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Seeing as it's print on demand, I wonder if there are any options to produce "deluxe" versions, you know, like leather bound copies and such?

I don't get to exhibit enough of my asl stuff - it's all pushed away in cupboards and drawers, but a coffee-table style rulebook might be allowed out.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I don't get to exhibit enough of my asl stuff - it's all pushed away in cupboards and drawers, but a coffee-table style rulebook might be allowed out.
? I feel your pains...

My approx. 13 linear meters of shelf space on WW2 are banned from the living room, and only the approx. 9 linear meters of shelf space on other conflicts are grudgingly tolerated there. I am sitting as a sentry right before my shelves of ASL stuff behind the desk in my study as I type these lines...

von Marwitz

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I've sat through long meetings debating whether a bar on a chart should be yellow or orange. Chapter H would be thrilling compared to that.
Yeah! It might have yellow AND orange on the cover like the pocket ASLRB!!

von Marwitz

trailrunner

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I apologise to everyone who has to suffer MUCH worse than reading Chapter H at their workplaces on a regular basis.

My statement was uncalled for, insensitive and unappreciative of their suffering for the greater good of the shareholders.
Well, I work for the government. Those long debates about PowerPoint are paid for by taxpayers.

holdit

Reaction score
Country
llIreland
In a previous job, the CEO wanted a Christmas-themed e-mail signature for everyone and asked me to arrange it. The script that created it was in Visual Basic, which I didn't have a clue about but by trial and error managed to hack something together but it was rejected - one line was too close to another, apparently. I had another go, but no joy - now the offending lines were too far apart. As I was working out what bit of the code did what, I was adding comments for future reference by me or someone else. I suggested sending it to one of our service providers who was more expert in this stuff, and they sent back their version, but the CEO still wasn't happy with it and while reworking the code, the provider had removed every one of my comments... :mad:

To spend that time reading Chapter H instead would have been sheer bliss.

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
In a previous job, the CEO wanted a Christmas-themed e-mail signature for everyone and asked me to arrange it.
Well, I admit I missed that meeting.

Was it like this one?

Back on topic - I'll happily get the pocket Chapter H. I'd prefer a web-based electronic version, complete with hyperlinks, but pocket will be fine.

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If there is still time before printing, I'd suggest using a different color from the existing RB for the cover. The one on the picture seems likely to cause confusion - someone, some day will pick the wrong book when going to some meeting, that would probably notice the mistake if the colors were different.
AND, have a workhorse AFV on the cover instead of infantry, e.g., Sherman, StuG, Pz IV, T-34, etc. After all, it is Chapter H.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
AND, have a workhorse AFV on the cover instead of infantry, e.g., Sherman, StuG, Pz IV, T-34, etc. After all, it is Chapter H.
No kidding, why not an AFV on the cover?

At the very least, it would be a visual reminder that it is Chapter H and not the Rulebook, worth putting any of those on it, Vic.

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
How about both an AT gun and a tank. Chapter H is not just vehicles.....
Yes, a gun destroying a tank.
On the left is a 3.7cm PaK 35/36 with a shot's trace line from the barrel to the turret mantel, piercing it causing an explosion. The hatches are blown out about a half second in the image of the targeted / exploding tank, an IS-2m.
The Haunted Gun.

Scott_Blanton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
FYI, cover says "Chapter H Test Copy". That is not the actual cover, just what we used when we created a sample to start looking over.