Sequential CC and Infiltration

Elrohir69

Reaction score
First name
Santiago
Country
llSpain
It's been many years since my last post in this forum, that's probably one of the reasons why I got kind of rusty with the rules (or plainly forgot them). Well here's the question:

A British Squad (467) is in a building in 46W5. During the German Movement Phase, an AFV bypass the location and finishes the MPh in the same hex, holding the British Squad in CC. In the Advance Phase, a Conscript German CX half-squad (236) advances into the same building going to into CC with the British Squad. As there's a vehicle involved in the CC, this is sequential, as per A11.31. The British Unit goes first, and declare an attack vs the German HS. The DR is a natural 2. The HS is eliminated and the British Squad (and any leader created by Field Promotion A18.22) may Withdraw the CC immediately thereafter, as per A11.22, without being attacked by the AFV.

A. Is that correct?
B. May they decide either to Withdraw or they must Withdraw?
C. Do they have to choose between Withdrawing or Resolving the Attack vs the HS?

My understanding is that they eliminate the German HS and they don't have to wait for the attack of the AFV because the attack was sequential even before INFILTRATION applied. If the AFV were not there, then the HS would have attacked first as the GERMAN was the attacker and if they wouldn't have rolled 2 or 12, and the British would have rolled 2, the German HS would be eliminated and the British squad might Withdraw that location with the survivors of the previous German attack. Right=

Attachments

Last edited:

EagleIV

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Since a unit advanced into the location you forgot to roll ambush.

Assuming the Germans didn't get ambushed, you are correct, the British squad could immediately withdraw before the AFV attacks. They don't have to withdraw, but may before the AFV rolls its attack. Also if a leader is created none, 1 or both British may withdraw, they can split up and leave 1 behind, or even withdraw to different locations.

As for the case with no AFV present you are correct.