Broken Ground Design Thread

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Coronavirus strikes again. My order was due to be delivered today...but it is still stuck at a Canadian airport.
Here's what ParcelForce says. I was directed here from the Royal Mail site when I entered the tracking number.

This is what Canada Post says...

Steve H

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I've known about this project since last year (not from either of those two guys), so I stopped work on it then. This current work is just a response to pandemic boredom.

I was one week away from having a large re-stock on product when the lockdown came to Ontario. Now two months later, I'm still about two months away from seeing anything delivered. I've used part of my time to fine tune stuff lined up for reprint.

I do have a re-issue ready to go, once I put my mind to it, and a brand-new Swag item (yes, that will be a product category) in production.
Alan,

You know MMP are just going to put out more colourless, bland counters if and when they release a SCW module. I would still love to see your better counters produced to better compliment the "official" module.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Here's what ParcelForce says. I was directed here from the Royal Mail site when I entered the tracking number.

View attachment 13555

This is what Canada Post says...

View attachment 13556
Thanks Alan, I saw those. When it says "exported", "despatched" or "forwarded" but it is still not in the other country it means it is stuck at the airport.

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Given that many MGs have the same values, I think I've worked out the Nationalists to these...

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The Republicans were much more... expansive... in their MG choices

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Good news Alan. It is now in the UK. There will be a few days delay as they sort out the customs charge and then notify me.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
A friend of mine gave me a lift to the parcel depot where I picked up my counter sheets and paid the customs. All the counters are good condition. Thank you Mr Findlay.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
The post that Alan sent me was due last Wednesday according to Canada post. It was sent Express. It actually arrived in the UK on that Wednesday so it was delayed about 2 or 3 days. There is also the delay at this end due to customs charges. The package reached the local depot this morning after having tax stamped on it.

I could have waited another 4 or 5 days for them to notify me and then deliver after payment but I was very eager to get my hands upon those counters and so roped in a friend to drive me to the depot so I could pick it up.

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I posted this on FB in response to a question about the MG fields of fire on the Fiat 2000 counter I created, so I thought I should post here too.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Hi Alan,

I love all the different AE that come with your counter sets, but I have one small complaint. You give about 15x squads of each type (including fanatic) and then give 30x HS. It ought to be the other way round. Squads are used far more frequently than HS.

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi Alan,

I love all the different AE that come with your counter sets, but I have one small complaint. You give about 15x squads of each type (including fanatic) and then give 30x HS. It ought to be the other way round. Squads are used far more frequently than HS.
You might want to check that again. Depending on the nationality, my usual standard is 20 GO squads, 10 Fanatic, and if AE then 10 GO squads and 5-10 Fanatic. There are variations below those levels, but none of my sets has more HS than Squads per Class/AE.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
The AE HS have the white circle above the FP? If so than I got 20x of those HS plus 10x fanatic vs 10x squad and 5x fanatic. It was the British and the US Army sheets.

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The AE HS have the white circle above the FP? If so than I got 20x of those HS plus 10x fanatic vs 10x squad and 5x fanatic. It was the British and the US Army sheets.
I see what you're saying now. I laid those out 3+ years ago and hadn't thought about it since.

Hmmm, I could reduce the HS and add in SAS/LRDG. :whistle:

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Hmmm, I could reduce the HS and add in SAS/LRDG. :whistle:
Sounds like a good idea.

One thing the Marine OOB is missing is M4A3(75)W tanks. They were used at Iwo Jima. Plus you only have the M4A2 tanks with FTs. I think they all had FT versions.

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Sounds like a good idea.

One thing the Marine OOB is missing is M4A3(75)W tanks. They were used at Iwo Jima. Plus you only have the M4A2 tanks with FTs. I think they all had FT versions.
Missed that on the chart. Other sources didn't list it. ?