Building Control in RF.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
I have a three hex building on the RB map. It is occupied and controlled by the Germans. A Russian stack enters one hex, and the Germans vacate the building leaving behind two control markers. Since the Russian is now the sole occupier of the building does he control the whole thing as per A26.14 or do the German control markers prevent that?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Why would a Control marker have any impact on who Controls a building per A26? I am missing something here?

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
A control marker in a strategic location implies which side controls the location. I was wondering if the rule O11.6052 overrules the building control rules in A26.14.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
But those only show Control of Locations in RF - not buildings.
That does not make any sense. I was wondering if control markers in a building prevent the other side from controlling that building even if they are the only ones to occupy it.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Are you saying that one can control a building but NOT all the locations within it?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I was wondering if control markers in a building prevent the other side from controlling that building even if they are the only ones to occupy it.
It doesn't prevent them from Controlling the building.

Are you saying that one can control a building but NOT all the locations within it?
Correct. See the EX after A26.15.

EagleIV

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you are playing the CG, building control doesn't really mean anything, only control of locations.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Obviously when it comes to RF one side does not have to physically enter all locations in a building to end up controlling them. The locations automatically become controlled once the building is within one sides perimeter (unless there is an enemy pocket). Is that correct?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Obviously when it comes to RF one side does not have to physically enter all locations in a building to end up controlling them. The locations automatically become controlled once the building is within one sides perimeter (unless there is an enemy pocket). Is that correct?
I believe so yes

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
For individual CG Day VC I do not believe this is true. Only the actual Locations one (normally the German) has taken (physically occupied) from the enemy player count for VP Locations gained/lost. However once a perimeter has been established those Locations in a "controlled" building become controlled by the player that has controlled the building.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
For individual CG Day VC I do not believe this is true. Only the actual Locations one (normally the German) has taken (physically occupied) from the enemy player count for VP Locations gained/lost. However once a perimeter has been established those Locations in a "controlled" building become controlled by the player that has controlled the building.
I think it depends upon which comes first - the establishment of the perimeter or the determination of CG date VC. I will have to check.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think it depends upon which comes first - the establishment of the perimeter or the determination of CG date VC. I will have to check.
I may have misspoken here as I believe a building that is partially within the set up perimeter of both sides cannot be claimed by by one side as per A26.11 unless all ground level locations of that building had been controlled by physical occupation (or being controlled at the previous scenario start). Therefore I believe A26.11 building control only applies to those situations of isolated location resolution O11.605-11.6066 for subsequent scenario start purposes only. VC are determined in O11.603-11.6031 so locations that have not changed hands by physical occupation cannot be counted for VC purposes {See EX O11.6066}. Sorry about the confusion and wrong assessment on my initial response.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
No I think you were right. Only the locations actually occupied during the scenario count towards scenario VC. I have been playing that wrong and have been including all the locations gained in the refit phase.