Tunnels and routing

SFiedler

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
A Japanese hs is in a bunker in bamboo, jungle is present in an adjacent hex. If broken can he use the tunnel from the bunker to a hut hex further away than the jungle?

SFiedler

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Answered by courtesy of Klas

Q&A: A10.51 & B8.62 May broken units rout through a tunnel to exit in that rout phase even if another woods/building location is a closer rout destination target than the exit from the tunnel? May they do so even if the exit is a brush location? A. Yes to both (B8.62).

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Tunnels in PTO for the Japanese are great!

Bytimes I like to use 'offensive' tunnels running towards the enemy beneath some Bamboo or other difficult terrain. Shoot away at the opponent until getting broken or things become too hot. Until the opponent has crossed the difficult terrain, the Japanese are back in order and waiting to fire away once more. Good thing is that the opponent cannot follow through the Tunnel, but at best can only destroy the entrance.

You can also threaten (or actually pull this off) advance beneath attacking units and emerge concealed to have a go at them in H-t-H CC. I've seen Americans rather voluntarily break to avoid the risk rather than to face it. Fun, because my Japanese 'attackers' were only Dummies... ?

von Marwitz

Last edited:

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
A Japanese hs is in a bunker in bamboo, jungle is present in an adjacent hex. If broken can he use the tunnel from the bunker to a hut hex further away than the jungle?
Bunker is NA in Bamboo.
Pillbox is allowed.