2020 ASL OPEN is now the 2020 eASL OPEN!

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Great news, David.

Curious -- will there be a "any round" scenario list as well? This was referenced in the rules, but I didn't see it on the site.

David Goldman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The pick scenario option is that you can play any scenario ever published (with 2 exceptions, it cannot be a scenario from a subsequent round and you can't have played it in the tournament already). Other than that, if two players agree to play a gigantic scenario all week, then go for it!

Great news, David.

Curious -- will there be a "any round" scenario list as well? This was referenced in the rules, but I didn't see it on the site.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Dave, when do you need to have registration in hand by please?

David Goldman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There is no deadline except if you register on the last day before the tournament starts I will have to seed anyone who waits that long at or near the bottom.

The bookkeeping to get emails and phone numbers for everyone to distribute, keep track of the registrations, seed everyone and get the scoring program properly attuned so that the first round is ready to go, answer questions, occasionally work, walk the dog, (wait the dog died 10 years ago), you get the idea...

David Goldman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OOPS! an eagle eyed viewer noted that the dates on the scenario list on the website were incorrect. They have been changed. First round starts June 8!

Paul John

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We are underway! Greg B and Paul S are halfway through BtB8: Steel Inferno. So far the British tanks have taken a bit of a beating, but only 2.5 of 22 squads are out. My Germans have lost the AT gun to an IF malf and one Mk IV to a PIAT. My OBA has been 3 red chits (using the Pleva rule) and failure to maintain contact a few times. The Brit observer tried to flank and caught a lucky 1,2 on a 4+3 shot that ended with him eliminated for failure to rout after my gun crew and another Mk IV chased him down. So, not one SR placed by either after 4 turns.
The Brits have two buildings and the majority of the force is facing off with me across the street. It is about to go down.
We'll be back into it on Thursday.
I love the extended schedule! And, this is a fine scenario. Great pick Dave!