Immobilized Wagon in Dinant

sfcmikej

US Army Retired
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We are playing DN-2, and a 1 sniper has hit the lead wagon in bypass on a narrow road. My understanding is the a 1 sniper immobilizes an unarmored vehicle. However a wagon is an odd unit. It is sort of a vehicle but then in some ways it is not. The ultimate question here is; will the immobilized wagon in bypass block the wagons behind it from using that hexside to bypass? If so, then this single sniper might break the scenario because none of the remaining 15 victory points will be able to get across the bridge. The rules do make it clear to us how we should handle this situation. Any ideas?

Thanks

Mike

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
D12.3 TARGET STATUS: A wagon is an unarmored vehicle target and is treated as such when attacked.

That rules says it is immobilized on a 1 sniper.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We are playing DN-2, and a 1 sniper has hit the lead wagon in bypass on a narrow road. My understanding is the a 1 sniper immobilizes an unarmored vehicle. However a wagon is an odd unit. It is sort of a vehicle but then in some ways it is not. The ultimate question here is; will the immobilized wagon in bypass block the wagons behind it from using that hexside to bypass? If so, then this single sniper might break the scenario because none of the remaining 15 victory points will be able to get across the bridge. The rules do make it clear to us how we should handle this situation. Any ideas?

Thanks

Mike
D12.3 It is treated as immobilized, however, because a truck which is immobilized while carrying no passengers is flipped to it's wreck side and a wagon specifically has no wreck per the last sentence of of D12.1, it is simply removed from play.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Per D8.1:
"...After all Passengers/Riders/SW/Guns have been unloaded/unhooked, an unarmed and unarmored immobilized vehicle is flipped over to its Wreck side (or removed if it has no wreck side)."
In this scenario, there is no one riding the wagons, so I shorthanded it.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
"No animal was harmed during the making of this scenario."
Well, a sniper just shot a horse in the head. ?

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Thank goodness I have found someone in the Dinant know. PLEASE can you tell me how if the French initial forces of I1 which state are 228 are not.

These 4 X I1 are kind of important as to what type they are.

If they are not 228 why is it listed as such.

Can you send me a log of your game I would love to see how it goes.

Thanks

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
9 x Squads, 2-2-8. Which means 9 squads, see note as to rolling for quality of those squads, and one 2-2-8 to man the 37*.

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
D12.3 It is treated as immobilized, however, because a truck which is immobilized while carrying no passengers is flipped to it's wreck side and a wagon specifically has no wreck per the last sentence of of D12.1, it is simply removed from play.
Per D8.1:
"...After all Passengers/Riders/SW/Guns have been unloaded/unhooked, an unarmed and unarmored immobilized vehicle is flipped over to its Wreck side (or removed if it has no wreck side)."
Another rule that I seem to have glossed over, forgotten, or never really digested in the first place!