THE VASL Board Dinant Feedback Thread

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Greetings all,

VASL bdDinant is available here thru this temporary link:

This is a draft version with no bells and whistles but it should get you playing sooner rather than later.

Please provide feedback to this thread.

Next up is to figure out what CdG2 counters need to be added.

Thanks and enjoy your game.

Allan and your VASL crew

phlegm027

Reaction score
YOU need the assault engineers (for everybody), 8 ton ferries, 16 ton ferries, 8 ton pontoon bridge, 16 ton pontoon bridge, pulley‘s Supply shortage counters, Rommel 10-2, Ldr , Rommel 10-2 Arm, Ldr. And if I can think of something I’ll dropitihere.

Carl, did I miss anything.?

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thx. I did get a detailed list via PM but please post here if you think of something else. Good to have more eyes on this. This is a big module. I’ll get started on this project this week.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
YOU need the assault engineers (for everybody), 8 ton ferries, 16 ton ferries, 8 ton pontoon bridge, 16 ton pontoon bridge, pulley‘s Supply shortage counters, Rommel 10-2, Ldr , Rommel 10-2 Arm, Ldr. And if I can think of something I’ll dropitihere.

Carl, did I miss anything.?
Sorry I'm late to the party. (Story of my life).
There are several terrain counters. Railroad Unnderpass, Road Tunnel, Burnt Out Woods, Out Of Season Orchard, Debris. Other than that, Dan seems to be on this.
Thanks Al and other VASL elves for the hard work on this. Your efforts are always appreciated.
Looking forward to it.

pj norton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I drag/dropped this into my board folder but it only exists there as a jpg. All the rest of the boards are listed as files.

pensatl1962

Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I've used the Dinant map once already (now on second game) and it is great. I very much appreciate the fact that you released a VASL map in conjunction with the physical module. IMO it really gets your scenarios and HASL played right off the bat, especially since most of us are limited to VASL right now. Two thumbs up!

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

phlegm027

Reaction score

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In the recent release of CdG, on sheet 5/11, within the Free French Support Weapons group, there is this 76mm mortar dm counter:

There is no 76mm mortar counter in the box. What counter would this mantle to? My guess is this one:

If so, why isn't there a French color version of this counter? I'm confused.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In the recent release of CdG, on sheet 5/11, within the Free French Support Weapons group, there is this 76mm mortar dm counter:

View attachment 13394

There is no 76mm mortar counter in the box. What counter would this mantle to? My guess is this one:

View attachment 13399

If so, why isn't there a French color version of this counter? I'm confused.
I agree that is the French version of the British mortar. Dan and I weren't really actively engaged on the CDG side of the project, so I don't want to answer wrongly. I can check Perey's errata pinned to the rules subforum. Might be something in there.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just looked. Nothing on that in the errata. Will ask and see.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Al. Short answer, no errata on that, but nothing preventing the VASL artist from making them in what colors they wish.

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Another issue I need help with...

The Vichy French counters are bordered by German blue. I assume this means they should conceal with a German ? counter. Yes?

If yes, then this:

assembles to this:

but then how would you conceal the 5/8 counter or any other 5/8 ordnance/vehicle counter? With a German 5/8 ? counter?

If the Vichy French conceal with a French ? counter, how would you play a scenario like ASL 81 Fratricidal Fighting with both sides using blue concealment counters?

My version of VASL hell. Thanks for the help.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Another issue I need help with...

The Vichy French counters are bordered by German blue. I assume this means they should conceal with a German ? counter. Yes?

If yes, then this:
View attachment 13418

assembles to this:
View attachment 13419

but then how would you conceal the 5/8 counter or any other 5/8 ordnance/vehicle counter? With a German 5/8 ? counter?

If the Vichy French conceal with a French ? counter, how would you play a scenario like ASL 81 Fratricidal Fighting with both sides using blue concealment counters?

My version of VASL hell. Thanks for the help.
Hi Al, yes, I would think the Vichy should have a German blue border for their Ordnance. French and Free French just the French Border.

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Al, yes, I would think the Vichy should have a German blue border for their Ordnance. French and Free French just the French Border.
While I agree, blue bordered Vichy French ordnance did not come in the box. How would you play ASL 81 using physical components? Surely there was a plan here that I'm not grasping. And while I could add a German border to all French Ordnance for VASL use only, that's a ton of work that I don't think is worth doing as it isn't representative of the physical components.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I certainly understand Al. I looked in the box as well, did not see the French ordnance have a Vichy bordering either.