Lost a small Rule - legality of a bypass of a hex based on the width of the bypass point

macrobo

King of Boxcars
Reaction score
First name
Rob
Country
llAustralia
Hi All Rules Gurus

I have have dug and dug and seem to be unable to quote to an esteemed opponent the legality of bypass rule where hex 19Q1 (when its a board edge) does not allow enough distance to bypass and avoid a shot from 19Q2 - I thought it was the width of a standard counter but alas I cant see that in the book!
Life does not come to an end if its my imagination that I remembered such a thing but always good to have clarity on the finer points of ASL if I ever stop rolling boxcars ?

Thank you in advance

Cheers

Rob :)

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
D2.3:
"...Therefore, the interior of each hexside traversed must be clear of any obstacle depiction to the depth of an edge of a unit counter for VBM to be usable..."

macrobo

King of Boxcars
Reaction score
First name
Rob
Country
llAustralia
Dear Klas

Thank you for that - its infantry bypass so that suggests teh sigle file approach is legal for a squad?

Cheers

Rob

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Thank you for that - its infantry bypass so that suggests teh sigle file approach is legal for a squad?
For Infantry, it's rule A4.3:
"Bypass enables unbroken Infantry to move through a building/woods hex without entering the obstacle in that hex (and consequently having to pay the two MF cost of actually entering a building or woods), whenever that obstacle does not physically touch the hexside being Bypassed. ..."

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
:) I just quoted the same rule to you (post #4) in an email. Infantry bypass differs from VBM in that it doesn't call for a counter width. I got photos attached. Lemme know what you think.