Illuminating Rounds: Episode 18: Master Class

daveramsey

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llUnited Kingdom
This week we play Toby Pilling, the UK's number 1 player, who gives us the first segment of what we hope will become great advice. A couple of great opportunities for patrons and viewers to get better by asking Toby some detailed questions.

I pay homage to the top 5 ASL Scenarion Archive's contributors of all-time (with some incredible stats that you wouldn't believe) and we catch up on some games we've played recently.

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
This was one of the best productions of the series so far. I'm not much of a fan of the very small scenarios myself as too much depends on the dice rolls. If one bad DR/dr effectively ends the game,...well then,...

applecatcher4

Reaction score
Country
ll
This was one of the best productions of the series so far. I'm not much of a fan of the very small scenarios myself as too much depends on the dice rolls. If one bad DR/dr effectively ends the game,...well then,...
Hey Purist. I am inclined to agree with you. In fact we rolled a 3 on our critical first Prep fire of the game. If we had failed to break the lmg/leader combo, we would almost certainly have lost. Indeed a lucky German sniper could easily have had the same result.

Thanks for the kind words though.

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm curious what the intent was for SR #2 (Germans have Level A Booby Trap capability (B28.9) on all boards). It didn't seem like it came in to play for either the initial play in Episode 16 or in this one. In addition to apparently being part of the historical event, I suppose it was designed to help slow the French down.

Always enjoy mental exercises like this, especially in times where you need a break from daily events.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
What scenario was played with Tony? I never heard it mentioned in the video.