2020 Texas Team Tournament, June 11-14, Austin, TX

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The 2020 edition of the Texas Team Tournament (www.texas-asl.com) is gearing up for another great time! We are now at 28 consecutive years of some of the best ASL times around.

We're just over 4 short months out, so with the start of the new year it is time to get that vacation time set aside and plan on making that trek to Austin the end of June. This year, we are holding our event the weekend before Father's Day, so we've made it easy to decide on a Father's Day gift this year!

Texas' Largest and Longest running ASL Tournament brings four full days of ASL nirvanna kicking off with a Thursday start.
Thursday will be an open gaming day and will not count towards the tournament standings. As always, Thursday games count towards the coveted Major Johnson award. Games related to the official tournament standings start Friday morning at 9AM.

We are planning various activities over the course of the weekend. I'll have the ever popular Ferocity Fest on Thursday, and I might have something else sponsored on for play, as well. So this will do a very nice job of filling up your Thursday with some great action. We'll feature things for guys interested in SK (PTO anyone?), and you never know what playtest mini will be out there.

Ours is an open tournament, so come play what you want, how much you want, with whom you want. Feel like trying that monster scenario? Here's your chance to immerse yourself in it for up to 4 days straight if you can handle it. Stay Tuned to the Texas-asl.com website for details!

So on to the formalities...
Texas ASL is proud to present:
The 28th Annual Texas Team Tournament
Austin, TX June 11-14, 2020
Thursday 9am - Sunday 8pm
The Texas Team Tournament returns to our previous terrific venue. We are at the Wingate by Wyndam Conference Center in Round Rock in far north Austin.
1209 North I-35
Round Rock, TX 78664
Phone: (512)341-7000
Fax: (512)341-7011
4-Day Registration $36
3-Day (Fri-Sun) Registration $31
Saturday Only Registration $21
Room Rates (tax not incl): $94

You will need to contact the hotel directly to reserve your room. Make sure to mention you are associated with the "Texas ASL Club" to get the reduced room rate

Remember to Pre-Register -- Besides you never know what goodies you might find in your pre-registration packet.
All the tournament details and more can be found at our Texas ASL website . Just follow the tournament links.

Rick

Last edited:

PugRoyale

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So much fun last year I signed up as soon as the website would let me.

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just pre-registered! I'll be arriving Wednesday as I understand this tourney--like ASLOK gets a few early arrivals looking to play.

Last edited:

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
With everything going on currently I just wanted to let folks know that my intention is still to continue planning to hold the Texas Team Tournament this June. I will hope that things settle down by 3 months from now and we can hold the tourney as scheduled. Please plan on attending. At worse, if we have to cancel, I will refund everyone's pre-registration. And alternatively, if we can go ahead as planned, I think we could all use the nice break that a long weekend of ASL can provide.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok folks, a quick update. I am still progressing as if the Team Tourney is going to happen. I've been in touch with the hotel and they are agreeable to any accommodations that we feel are warranted. Obviously given the current situation, this will continue to be a gut call on my part as to whether we can continue to go ahead with the tourney or not. I will tell you that I will make a firm decision by the middle of May as to whether we will have it or not as I have to give the hotel a 30 day lead time on any cancellations. Texas is already looking to relax some of its restrictions, but it is uncertain at this point how quickly a phased relaxing will happen and what the criteria for each phase will be. Please plan on coming if you feel so inclined. If we do decide to cancel, I will be refunding everyone's preregistrations.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have made the hard decision to cancel the 2020 edition of the Texas Team Tournament. With the risks of the virus, on let's admit it, a generally overall at-risk set of players, some of the feedback I'd gotten from a number of folks about attending anyway and the expenses related to the venue, holding the tourney was just not going to be viable this year. For those that had already made hotel reservations, please contact the hotel directly and get those reservations cancelled. I will be refunding folks' pre-registration, or applying them to next years tournament if you prefer.

I'll get things set up for 2021, and look forward to seeing everyone next year.

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
Are you considering a VASL tournament as a substitute for that weekend?

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Are you considering a VASL tournament as a substitute for that weekend?
I honestly hadn't really considered it. Our is an open tournament anyway, which would honestly be no different that just jumping on VASL whenever you wanted to play.

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have made the hard decision to cancel the 2020 edition of the Texas Team Tournament. With the risks of the virus, on let's admit it, a generally overall at-risk set of players, some of the feedback I'd gotten from a number of folks about attending anyway and the expenses related to the venue, holding the tourney was just not going to be viable this year. For those that had already made hotel reservations, please contact the hotel directly and get those reservations cancelled. I will be refunding folks' pre-registration, or applying them to next years tournament if you prefer.

I'll get things set up for 2021, and look forward to seeing everyone next year.
Sorry to hear it Rick but good call. See you next year!