Death To Fascism & Corona VASL Tournament live updates

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi All,

great news - the DTF Corona VASL tournament has kicked off today, with Neil Ekengren's Russians slamming into Nate Stapf's Rumanians in DTF-4 Death To Fascism !

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The tournament has really started today, with 4 games of DTF-4 Death To Fascism going on....two Human Waves observed.....

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
OK all, the first day of action in the Death To Fascism Corona VASL tournament is completed.

Six games of DTF-4 Death To Fascism were played, resulting in 2 Russian and 4 Axis wins.

One remaining game (Hanna - Rimmer) will be completed tomorrow (Tuesday).

The confirmed quarter-finalists are Ramsey, Cook, Domovich, Schaeffer, Goldman, Stapf and Loper.

The first quarter-final will be played tomorrow: Nathan Stapf (Polish) against the (lightly) armored might of Paul Schaeffer's Germans in DTF-7 Fast and Furious.

The other quarter-finals will start on Wednesday, pairings to be announced on Tuesday.

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Thanks for the tourny Peter. If someone wants a friendly please let me know.

I would whine about my opponents dice but.............well played Steve. Good luck in the next round.

It does hurt when your opponents ART goes on a ROF fest killing two and a half squads and your opponent decides to intensive fire it and rolls ........... a double one. I had nightmares about that gun :oops:

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Thanks for the tourny Peter. If someone wants a friendly please let me know.

I would whine about my opponents dice but.............well played Steve. Good luck in the next round.

It does hurt when your opponents ART goes on a ROF fest killing two and a half squads and your opponent decides to intensive fire it and rolls ........... a double one. I had nightmares about that gun :oops:
If I were you, I'd whine about Steve's dice. It's all he ever does when I play him! :)

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The final game of DTF-4 has ended in a Russian victory for Marc Hanna, which brings the scenario totals to 4 Axis and 3 Russian wins.

Working on the line-ups for the second round, where Armored Cars are everything.

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Unfortunately, Marc Hanna had to drop out of the running as his time availability is challenging over the coming days. Jim Bishop was on standby and he will enter the tournament replacing Marc.

The line-ups for the Quarter finals (DTF-7 Fast and Furious) are as follows:

Stapf - Schaeffer

Ramsey - Cook

Goldman - Bishop

Loper - Domovic

The Stapf-Schaeffer game started today, while all other quarterfinals will be played tomorrow (Wednesday).

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The first semi-finalist is now known: Paul Schaeffer.

His armored cars took two early losses (one Immobilized by the light MTR, the other ran into a Panzerfaust) to the Nate Stapf's Poles, but then broke through.

The other three quarter-finals will be played on Wednesday. I also expect the two semi-finals to get underway or maybe even completed the same day.

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The line-up for the semi-finals is almost complete!

Paul Schaeffer will play DTF-8 The Art of War against David Goldman, who beat Jim Bishop in the QF. Paul will take the attacking Nationalists with 2 SWPP extra as a balance.

Rob Loper won a very close game of DTF-7 Fast and Furious against Rich Domovic, booking his place in the semi-finals. He will play the winner of the UK-based quarterfinal between Dave Ramsey and Steve Cook.

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Steve Cook made it to the semi-final and will play against Rob Loper in DTF-8 The Art of War tomorrow (Thursday).

The 3 games of Fast and Furious resulted in 1 Polish and 3 German victories.

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Allright....another day of tense ASL is in the history books....and we have our two finalists !

Rob Loper's Communist People's Liberation Army beat Steve Cook's Nationalist Republic of China forces

and

Paul Schaeffer's Nationalists pushed aside David Goldman's Communists

both in DTF-8 The Art of War.

The final will be a brand new scenario, DTF-16 Panther Cull, which will be played tomorrow (Friday) or Saturday as per the availability and preference of our two finalists.

Congratulations to Rob and Paul, with much appreciation for the excellent runs of Steve and David!

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
It is official : Rob Loper is the winner of the Death To Fascism Corona VASL tournament!

In a very tense and well-played game of DTF-16 Panther Cull Rob's Germans prevailed by 1 Victory Point over Paul Schaeffer's Allied forces today.

Rob is the proud winner of a Not One Step Back (DTF-2 Scenario Pack), which we intend to hand over officially at ASLOK in October.

Paul will have to buy his own copy, but after playing 4 good games of DTF material in the tournament, he will hopefully find it worth the investment.

All participants were super flexible, sportsmanlike and self-managing, which I highly appreciate. It was a joy running the tournament and providing some light relief from the Covid-19 stress in these times.

Paul John

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Congrats to Rob! He played a fine game. I missed a very close LOS to lose a tank and that was the difference.
Lots of options and replay value in this one for sure.
Hopefully I can pick up my pack at Oktoberfest!
P