Moderation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

" I reckin there'll l be law and order around these parts from now on...... Yes Sir ! Good ole fashioned law n 'order.........I ain't much for bible reading but I seem to remember the part that speaks about separating the wheat from the chaffe......... I guess in modern day parlance; that be meanin ' that dog bowl drinkers will be separated from those who are more civilized, . With the railroad a comin ', and with that , wimmin n' chillun,...... these parts ain't gonna be a fit place or breedin' ground for cattle-rustlers or mule rapists. "
" Forum members will be able to post without being abused or suffer harassment and not view profanity/obscenity for it's own sake. I guess that belly-achers ain't much fer the whiles of lady civilization; but she stands proud at the gates to this land........ Yes Sir !..........she surely does ! ". The lawless ole west fades away with progress and civilization .............Yep ! ". :).....

Blackcloud6

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here's a suggestion using the old adage "praise in public and admonish in private," especially since the changes appear to be dramatically in another direction. When there is an offending post, the moderators could send a pm to the person pointing out the infraction and asking them to change the post. This allows the person to take ownership and responsibility for his actions. It also does not embarrass the person in public. When someone is called out in front of others, it can be embarrassing and it invokes a defensive response, which is likely to not be nice, and conflict ensues. I suspect part and parcel of the new moderation rules is to prevent conflict, so be a peacemaker when doing moderation and not a fight starter, handling it quietly, politely and adult like will likely get better results.

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
When I report a post which clearly outside the topic and just an pettrsonal attack due to an old grudge what actually happens? If those are just ignored, which seems to be the case as the reported behaviour seems to continue, is it pointless to report anything?

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Interesting. Just got around to reading this thread. Since I quit moderating, been paying much less attention. Explains a couple of things.

Seems like a lot of wringing of hands and rubbing of worry beads?

Will everybody obey the new rulz? Probably not. ( I have not looked....has anybody written these down?) Folks will either leave of their own accord or they will get canned. <shrug>

Will there still be a Forums once they are gone? Sure. Probably less colorful, zany, and interesting, but it will be here and gaming will be discussed. Still worth it? Maybe? For some more than others. I will still prowl around just to see what kinda s&it is flying around.

Side Bar: Back in the earlier days of the Forums the software had a naughty word filter that would essentially redact said naughty words. Seems it would be a good feature in the new world of well-behaved Forums? My having recently run up against the naughty word police unknowingly.....did I ask about written down rulz?

So, it's Randy's Forums now and his to form into whatever vision he has for it.

Jazz

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.