Not open for further replies.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Odds are still pretty decent I'll get and be hospitalized for the coronavirus before all this is finished.
Let's hope this doesn't happen, but I have seen some models which suggest we will all eventually get Covid. -- jim

@RandyT0001

Last edited:

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Let's hope this doesn't happen, but I have seen some models which suggest we will all eventually get Covid.
I think it is fairly likely that a good portion of the population will. I haven't seen a model that suggests that every last person gets it. Of those that do, many won't require hospitalization, and most won't die. But it's a glass half-empty/half-full kind of situation.

JR

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Let's hope this doesn't happen, but I have seen some models which suggest we will all eventually get Covid. -- jim
Correct, and with a 15% or so hospitalization rate US hospitals would have to accommodate 40-50 million people. Anyway, it’s millions of people so they gotta slow it down and gear up. They need ventilators set to 90% oxygen so whatever functioning lung is left can keep someone alive while they suck out this pinkish liquid out of the lungs. Not good.

Last edited:

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Dont let the Trump Virus get to ya Mark. Wash your hands and do not touch your face when out and about.

Yeah, me too! But I'm pretty sure I have in life the same luck I have in ASL.
Were people's posts edited here? I have to stress that editing people's posts is really frowned upon in moderation because it is very likely to make people angry.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Were people's posts edited here? I have to stress that editing people's posts is really frowned upon in moderation because it is very likely to make people angry.
If they were, you can see it if you look at the tiny print in the lower, right corner of the post, just above the like / reply links. It's not super obvious.

If they were moved, who knows where to or if they make any sense there being taken out of context. -- jim

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In the ASL Open thread, Bendis called the virus the chinese virus, pretty offensive and you said nothing. In fact nobody said anything. But call it the trump virus and all of a sudden people get uptight.

I personally don't care what people post...but I thought political stuff wasn't allowed around here anymore...although maybe I heard wrong.

Whiskers1123

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Why is calling it the chinese virus offensive? It came from China so it's the CHINESE VIRUS Scott! Your post was the offensive one!

Edited by moderator to remove personal insult.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
In the ASL Open thread, Bendis called the virus the chinese virus, pretty offensive and you said nothing. In fact nobody said anything. But call it the trump virus and all of a sudden people get uptight.
The virus was first identified in Wuhan, China and linked to a so-called "wet market" there. It's about as accurate (and as offensive) as calling H1N1 "swine flu."

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
If you call it the Chinese or Wuhan virus then you have to call the 1918 Pandemic the Kansas Flu Pandemic, because that's where it came from. It got called the Spanish Flu because the Spanish newspapers were first to take much notice of it, not being distracted as much by WW1. History.

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was just saying that politics are supposed to have been eliminated. Trump is a politician...so I figured it would be flagged as such. But SPAMETO.

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you call it the Chinese or Wuhan virus then you have to call the 1918 Pandemic the Kansas Flu Pandemic, because that's where it came from. It got called the Spanish Flu because the Spanish newspapers were first to take much notice of it, not being distracted as much by WW1. History.
Ok...so call it the Kansas Flue Pandemic if it makes you feel better.

People like myself will not be offended by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.