Best way to provide financial support to keep VASL viable?

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Great to see VASL getting more use in the current social climate. Some comments I've read over the last couple of days include "Thank God for VASL" and "it's great that the best things in life are still free."

But of course, they're not really free. Interesting graphic at the VASSAL (from which VASL is adapted) website giving the project cost up to last summer, if the team had been getting paid market rates for their labour.

I haven't played by VASL in about 3 years, but it's great to know it's there. I see a "support" page on the VASL website here;

Which has a dead link to gamesquad and no info on sending donations.

I did find a donation page on the VASSAL site:

I made a modest donation which I hope will benefit VASL as well. If there is a better way to make a financial contribution to VASL, could someone please post it here? Even if VASL was functionally complete - which it isn't since improvements are ongoing - they must surely be paying for hosting.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Great to see VASL getting more use in the current social climate. Some comments I've read over the last couple of days include "Thank God for VASL" and "it's great that the best things in life are still free."

But of course, they're not really free. Interesting graphic at the VASSAL (from which VASL is adapted) website giving the project cost up to last summer, if the team had been getting paid market rates for their labour.

View attachment 12463
I haven't played by VASL in about 3 years, but it's great to know it's there. I see a "support" page on the VASL website here;

Which has a dead link to gamesquad and no info on sending donations.

I did find a donation page on the VASSAL site:

I made a modest donation which I hope will benefit VASL as well. If there is a better way to make a financial contribution to VASL, could someone please post it here? Even if VASL was functionally complete - which it isn't since improvements are ongoing - they must surely be paying for hosting.
As soon as I get Dispatch #49 out I would like to donate as long as I know it is going to support our VASL, I like your idea of a donate button on the VASL site now that it is getting more traffic, Vic.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada

Looks like Facebookers are on the case as far as the website hosting at vasl.info

Last edited: