ASL Related Things to do While in Quarantine

Uncle_Duke

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Things to do while in quarantine and can't play ASL face to face:

1. Reorganize your counters
  2. Reread Chapter A
  3. Finally learn the night, cave, and seaborne assault rules so you can play "Tanambogo Nightmare" when you're eventually out of quarantine
  4. Work on that scenario design you've been thinking about since forever
  5. Reread back issues of the ASL Journal, Annual, or The General
  6. Argue about rules online
  7. Start a pool on future MMP (or your publisher of choice) product release dates
  8. Send e-mails to Chas Argent to try to influence the above
  9. Write a rules chapter modeling COVID-19 in ASL terms ("affected units are COVID-TI, and if they ever share a location with another unit, that unit must make a COVID MC... status lasts for 14 campaign dates")
  10. Sink into a funk when you realize that #9 has already been implemented by Critical Hit, complete with counters and a map of your neighborhood... and is on it's 3rd Edition.
...or you can play on VASL.

Last edited:

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Write a rules chapter modeling COVID-19 in ASL terms ("affected counters are COVID-TI, and if they ever share a location with another counter, that counter must make a COVID MC... status lasts for 14 campaign dates")
All units have their own buildings. A TC is need to to get out of their building.
While outside, a unit can't CX 'cause they are wearing masks and can't breath so well.

Italian units can sing from their balconies (see FW Bugle rules).

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
According to Facebook: all squads are now rounding up civilian counters and enforcing them to remain within building locations while dragging some off to the local fortified location. (This is not happening despite what folk are saying).

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
Things to do while in quarantine and can't play ASL face to face:

10. Sink into a funk when you realize that #9 has already been implemented by Critical Hit, complete with counters and a map of your neighborhood... and is on it's 3rd Edition.
Fourth edition was released this morning. New scenarios, new counters and new maps make for new adventures in new countries, states, counties, provinces, cities and towns.

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
It is noticeable that there are a lot more games being played on VASSAL..............

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Fourth edition was released this morning. New scenarios, new counters and new maps make for new adventures in new countries, states, counties, provinces, cities and towns.
It would have been an article for the Journal instead, but MMP never got back to the author...

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
It would have been an article for the Journal instead, but MMP never got back to the author...
It was delayed to MMP because the author had to wait for someone else to write about it first for "inspiration. " -- jim

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Be a Paramedic on an Ambulance - Casue some of us Don't get to quarantine

?
I work for the local EMS headquarters - it's been great. The noisiest group in our cube farm has now deployed to work from home, and it is so quiet around my desk you can hear a pin drop. Traffic to and from work has thinned out to about half the normal. They keep telling me I could work from home if I want, but this is the happiest I've been in our office since we moved to our new building over a year ago. I suspect our field crews are finding it easier driving without the usual congestion - quite possibly there are fewer MVCs as well, I'm looking forward to seeing the stats on that.