VASL Nor'Easter

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not dead yet...………..
While certainly not the same, we have decided, at the suggestion of Charlie Hamilton, a long-standing YASL player, to do the tournament on VASL. So, if you have your 3/27-3/29 free, we're doing this thing. Just IM your email to me here in private message if interested and I will get you matched up and forward the email explaining what we have going on. The main tourney format is going to be exactly the same, just on VASL. Same scenario list, same everything. No entry fee or anything like that, just raising an arthritic middle finger to the C-Virus and having some fun while doing it. Tourney times mentioned in the email are all EST, we are still, at the end of the day, east coast centric :). Requirements: VASL 6.4.4, Skype account with audio and mic and VASSAL 3.2.17.
IM me if interested. The Nor'easter lives!!!! Well, at least it is twitching some.
Carl Nogueira

PugRoyale

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I took that Friday off work to participate from CA.

They just announced my county is shelter in place so I won’t be leaving home anyway!

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I took that Friday off work to participate from CA.

They just announced my county is shelter in place so I won’t be leaving home anyway!
There are worse ways to spend your time Douglas. By Sunday you should know how to properly pronounce words like: car, park, Harvard, yard, score and a host of other handy words.

PugRoyale

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I’m going to say “hella” and “dude” as many times as possible that weekend.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
There are worse ways to spend your time Douglas. By Sunday you should know how to properly pronounce words like: car, park, Harvard, yard, score and a host of other handy words.
I can hear it in my head right now since one of my best friends is from your part of the woods. One of the terms she was trying to get me to pronounce properly is "martial arts" (stairs, market ..)

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I can hear it in my head right now since one of my best friends is from your part of the woods. One of the terms she was trying to get me to pronounce properly is "martial arts" (stairs, market ..)
It’s silly but sounds like “marshall arts”, maybe some kinda French influence.

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nice scenario list!

Question on DB147 - Bandits and Bolsheviks.

The NKVD and Polish peoples army has six NKVD 628 squads in the force. SSR#3 says the NKVD 628s suffer replacement to 527s normally (which are green and do not have Assault Fire).

My question is - do the 628s have ELR 2 as the other allied troops or does their underlined morale mean they have ELR 5?

Thanks,
Rich

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Question on DB147 - Bandits and Bolsheviks.

My question is - do the 628s have ELR 2 as the other allied troops or does their underlined morale mean they have ELR 5?

Thanks,
Rich
In another thread, Tom Morin stated that the NKVD were intended to have ELR 2.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In another thread, Tom Morin stated that the NKVD were intended to have ELR 2.
Thanks Mike for the response and that is correct. Sorry Rich, been dealing with a cluster fungoo with work all day just settling down to personal things now. Thanks for stepping in Mike.