Doing my part, in these trying times.

Smedley

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Since most, if not all, ASL gatherings are being cancelled, I will be socially distancing myself with a solo endeavor. I am starting KBR1 from Lone Canuck solo. This is the big one. I will try to give updates on my progress.

Stay safe,

Rob

Smedley

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Soviet pre-game bombardment was ineffective. Germans lost some dummies and a wire. The seven 82mm mortars managed to get six smoke rounds down. Three mortars ran out of smoke. Prep fire was limited. Movement saw one human wave. Wire and mines slowed the Soviet hordes. Casualties are limited to a half squad that was lost to mines.

Rob

Smedley

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
German turn one complete. Reds lose two HS to booby traps....Some skulking and minor repositioning.

Made a beer run and bought some gas..... now back to the front!

Rob

Smedley

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Russian turn two complete. The wire and mines are slowing the assault to a crawl. Reds start trying to create gaps in the wire and mines with T34/76s. They can't get a break on the wire bog rolls and one tank is immobilized in the minefield. Losses mount. A German sniper kills a 8-1 leader. CVP totals so far, Germans 9 to 0 for the Reds.

Rob

thedrake

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Had same experience in my solo play of KBR CG. German obstacles and fire really slowed Soviet assault the first three scenarios but Russian numbers allowed them to bludgeon their way through until were able to clear south bank and land on north bank for auto victory in scenario 5.

Keep us posted.

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I used to mostly play solo years ago, but stopped because I always had a nagging suspicion my opponent was cheating. :unsure:
I understand. Every time I leave my HIP sheet out he reads it.

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
I used to mostly play solo years ago, but stopped because I always had a nagging suspicion my opponent was cheating. :unsure:
make him use your dice so you know they aren't fixed

Smedley

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Most of the action centered around the rail stations on turn 3. The Reds gained a foot hold in the Sudlicher Guterbanhof.
The Germans had planned on giving ground but orders from the GROFAZ were to stand and fight. German 105mm OBA was called down on the Russians. JagdPz, Infantry guns and mortars opened fire. Losses were heavy for the Reds and they were pushed back. A valiant 247 stood fast and even created a leader in CC. CVP totals German 24 vs Russian 4.

Rob

Smedley

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Germans soon regret defending the southern rail station. Two smoke OBA missions blind the defenders in the stations. A CH kills off a 447 and a sniper breaks a 468/mmg that was led by a 10-2. This paves the way for a demo attack on the 10-2 stack in the southern station. The Germans suffer two casualty reductions and rout back to the central rail station. The southern rail station is firmly in Russian hands. The Russians lose a T34/85 to an 88LL AT gun. Overall, their armor is struggling. One tank is burning, one is shocked/UK, 3 are immobile, two are bogged and one mired. Another T34/85 barely escapes a Hitler youth panzerfaust attack. The poor HJ eats a 152 round from an ISU152 and dies. A volkstrum squad that went fanatic in the opening bombardment kills a 9-1/458 in HTH CC.

The Germans are retreating from the central rail station. Berlin won't be amused! CVP totals: German 39, Russian 14.

Rob

Smedley

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sorry that I have not had any new updates lately. Been on VASL the last few days. The best way to deal with thread jumpers is to ignore them. Otherwise, the whole thread breaks down into a discussion of hi-jacking/not hi-jacking. Which of course defeats the whole purpose of complaining about the hi-jacking. So, try to ignore any off-topic posts instead.

Rob

Smedley

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Finished turn five. Not a lot to report. Russians push forward on their left through the smoke screen. Germans pull back. One plucky volkstrum squad takes out 1.5 squads (DR 3 and 2) in DFF. A 247 with a shrek had a ISU152 in its sights but wiffed when he decided to "step out". Needed a 7, rolled a 6,2. Should have ate the blast.....
Next turn the smoke will clear. The Russians have been ordered to attack more aggressively. CVP German 47, Russian 16.

Rob