J91 'The Sooner the Better' Errata?

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm setting up scenario J91 ('The Sooner The Better', from Journal 6), and I noticed that the scenario card indicates that the German and British armored reinforcements which enter during turn 1 are both specified as entering on the North edge of the playing area... i.e., entering on the same board edge during the same turn. Is this correct? I was unable to locate any published errata for this scenario within the MMP website.

Thanks!

Honosbinda

Reaction score
Country
ll
I think it's fine. It represents the Allied tanks chasing after the German ones. It's been around a while, so if you haven't found errata, there isn't any if you've checked the usual haunts. You can get better errata over at BGG but I checked mine from up to 2017 and there's nothing.

Matt Romey

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Country
llUnited States
It’s correct as printed. The Aussies are chasing the Germans out of the Tobruk perimeter. Note that the Germans have full MP the first turn, and the Aussies have expended 4 MP.

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thank you both for the prompt replies! So very good to receive clarification from the scenario designer himself.
This certainly appears to be a unique battle... I'm very much looking forward to playing it.

Major Issues

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vince
Country
llUnited States
The Turn Record chart shows the Germans coming in on Turn 2. So the Turn Record chart is incorrect?

Matt Romey

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Country
llUnited States
The Turn Record chart shows the Germans coming in on Turn 2. So the Turn Record chart is incorrect?
Damn, you're right. I never noticed that. Feel free to submit an official Q&A, but I'll tell you right here that the Turn Record Chart is a typo. The German reinforcements come in on Turn 1 as described (and note that the Germans move first).