Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
For those who foolishly refuse to log on to Facebook:

Multi-Man Publishing
1 hr ·
As of March 2nd, MMP is thrilled to announce that we have hired Scott Blanton as a full-time employee and MMP Business Manager. One of the real problems MMP has had in the opinion of the principals is that our resources are stretched very thin. This means we're unable to react to really good suggestions, game submissions or even 'first world' problems of a small business - space in the warehouse, inventory control, there's a typo on the preorder page for 'X', and so on. So we... tend to lag on responding to those issues.

Scott owns a thriving game store in North Carolina - The Gamer's Armory. He is very familiar with this hobby and with running a small business, so while our staff might 'get to' an issue eventually, Scott is now prepared in a full time capacity to jump on them right away.

What happens to The Gamer's Armory? Absolutely nothing. It is open and operating as it always has - so please CONTINUE TO ORDER MMP PRODUCTS FROM The Gamer's Armory! They have fantastic customer service and a heck of a nice FLGS.

Now before our fans flood Scott with suggestions please recognize that we've already burdened him with a priorities list from past problems/issues/suggestions. But feel free to email Scott at scott@multimanpublishing.com should the need arise.
PB

Last edited:

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
For the record, you can ignore the headline/thread header. MMP did not buy out Gamer's Armory. MMP merely hired Scott Blanton. Scott confirmed that MMP did not purchase the store, which will continue to operate.

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for the info for those smart enough to stay clear away from the evil FaceBook (let me steal your identity, your contacts, your privacy and snoop on you and turn you info over to the thought police for censorship and eventually booking into the FBI and CIA).

Whiskers1123

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I hope MMP's shipping prices don't go up like Gamer's Armory. $9 shipping for a $10 scenario pack.

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for the info for those smart enough to stay clear away from the evil FaceBook (let me steal your identity, your contacts, your privacy and snoop on you and turn you info over to the thought police for censorship and eventually booking into the FBI and CIA).
One should never put anything online that they did not want to be posted on a billboard by the busiest freeway.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
One should never put anything online that they did not want to be posted on a billboard by the busiest freeway.
I think you may be missing some of what people object to about what facebook (and google and other big data aggregation companies) does. Of course what you post is going to be seen, and potentially even if you post in a "private" site. But the bigger picture is that facebook and google and the others gather as much information as they can about what you do on-line, and save that forever and/or sell it. And they do this without your permission and without your knowledge if they can get away with it. For a quick insight you might take a look at: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/mar/28/all-the-data-facebook-google-has-on-you-privacy. There are probably better places to understand how much information they may have on you, but it's what I found on a quick search.

JR

Scott_Blanton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I hope MMP's shipping prices don't go up like Gamer's Armory. $9 shipping for a $10 scenario pack.
Shipping is based on weight of the package, we use Priority Mail Flat Rate shipping whenever possible. Our website does not account for Flat Rate shipping, so we always adjust based on actual shipping and charge when we ship. A scenario pack or a few of them will fit in a flat rate envelope. I think we charge $8.70 for a flat rate envelope which includes $1.50 shipping/handling fee. Priority Mail via USPS site is $7.75 for a Flat Rate Envelope. Our shipping rates have only gone up when USPS changes their rates.

Scott_Blanton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for all the kind words. I'll also thank you ahead of time for your patience as I get acquainted with my new position and the fact that I will be splitting time between MD and NC.

I do wish the title of this thread had not been named this way, it does come across a bit misleading. Perhaps the original poster or a moderator could update the title of the thread to prevent any type of confusion. Thanks again!

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think you may be missing some of what people object to about what facebook (and google and other big data aggregation companies) does. Of course what you post is going to be seen, and potentially even if you post in a "private" site. But the bigger picture is that facebook and google and the others gather as much information as they can about what you do on-line, and save that forever and/or sell it. And they do this without your permission and without your knowledge if they can get away with it. For a quick insight you might take a look at: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/mar/28/all-the-data-facebook-google-has-on-you-privacy. There are probably better places to understand how much information they may have on you, but it's what I found on a quick search.

JR
No, I am well aware of the data mining done by a great many technology companies and the best defense is not posting anything you don't want tracked or seen. However, it is more than what you post. Most developed nations are surveillance societies the UK especially known for it but other countries are not far behind. As to data mining, until limits are put on corporate overreach we just have to put up with it.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
No, I am well aware of the data mining done by a great many technology companies and the best defense is not posting anything you don't want tracked or seen. However, it is more than what you post. Most developed nations are surveillance societies the UK especially known for it but other countries are not far behind. As to data mining, until limits are put on corporate overreach we just have to put up with it.
Well I have some news for you, Experian and all the data aggregation companies have tons on you too. Your credit card companies. Your insurance company. Your health care provider. The voter roles are public knowledge, right down to your address and name. You should have a read about Cambridge Analytica it and how they helped Trump and Brexit. It is quite frightening how easy it was for them. -- jim

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well I have some news for you, Experian and all the data aggregation companies have tons on you too. Your credit card companies. Your insurance company. Your health care provider. The voter roles are public knowledge, right down to your address and name. You should have a read about Cambridge Analytica it and how they helped Trump and Brexit. It is quite frightening how easy it was for them. -- jim
Yep! One can check the darkweb and odds are you will find both your name and social security number if American or whatever is used in other countries if you are not. In addition. China has hacked the financial system and the of hundreds of millions of American and European citizens' data is now on their servers.

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Privacy is illusory at best and certainly elusive.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I do wish the title of this thread had not been named this way, it does come across a bit misleading. Perhaps the original poster or a moderator could update the title of the thread to prevent any type of confusion. Thanks again!
Ask, and ye receive.