Italian OOB

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah, I looked at what I wrote earlier and I wasn't very clear. I too highly doubt t tablehat the entire existing Infantry OOB thrown out the window, but I do hope they flesh it out a bit by adding some more squad types. And normally I am against this sort of thing - it's a game, and some abstracting is ok, but 3 FP for 1st line? Yikes.
3 FP squads get used differently. Used with the fire table THAT WAS DESIGNED FOR ASL it creates subtleties in utility for savvy players.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
hate to disagree with you Martin but I simply have to, I really, really hope MMP offer a reworked Italian OOB
this is the ideal opportunity for them to do so
The only thing that could conceivably happen would be MMP adding some additional unit types. Comparable like with the Finnish in Hakkaa Päälle.
With regard to backward compatibility, it would be rather impossible to to really redo the Italians.

I agree, though, that it would be an opportunity that should not be missed by MMP when they publish the 2nd edition of 'Hollow Legions'. One or some extra Italian unit types might make that nationality more interesting to play or alleviate what is currently happening in many scenarios featuring the Italians - which is pimping them somewhat by SSR.

von Marwitz

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The only thing that could conceivably happen would be MMP adding some additional unit types. Comparable like with the Finnish in Hakkaa Päälle.
With regard to backward compatibility, it would be rather impossible to to really redo the Italians.

I agree, though, that it would be an opportunity that should not be missed by MMP when they publish the 2nd edition of 'Hollow Legions'. One or some extra Italian unit types might make that nationality more interesting to play or alleviate what is currently happening in many scenarios featuring the Italians - which is pimping them somewhat by SSR.

von Marwitz
Yep, I agree, this is the perfect opportunity for MMP to add some additional counter types (they could take them straight from the Le Franc Tireur magazine).

Here's hoping:)

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany

von Marwitz
I think that is the best way print the new counters and add them to HL , going forward people can design scenarios without having to add an SSR of raise /Lower the blahde blah blah of blah blah counters which invariable once playing people forget!

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Has anyone ever submitted a porposal with good justification on this to MMP? Because that is the only way it is going to happen. I know from personal experience.

I personally would look into adding 2-3 new squads into the Mix.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I don't see why the values of Italian infantry should be changed.
The weaker units do depict the bad performances of the Italians in many situations and the better units fit well the good moments of the Italian army.
One could perhaps add 8 morale units for exceptional settings.
But not in the core module.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Has anyone ever submitted a porposal with good justification on this to MMP? Because that is the only way it is going to happen. I know from personal experience.
That proposal would have to include scenarios to make it worth while. Same goes for new board proposals and new board types. -- jim

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
That proposal would have to include scenarios to make it worth while. Same goes for new board proposals and new board types. -- jim
Yes agreed. Now when thinking of it LFT 14 had all the ingredients to do this, new squads and scenarios to use these. Perhaps some of this could be utilized I do not know?

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Yes agreed. Now when thinking of it LFT 14 had all the ingredients to do this, new squads and scenarios to use these. Perhaps some of this could be utilized I do not know?
that would be good, hope so

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
that would be good, hope so
I guess that would depend on Xavier, MMP, and if they could work out an equitable deal. I focus on playing and proof-reading. It's what I can do. I am thinking about dabbling into design. I have some ideas and interesting chrome I think would make tank-on-tank interesting. -- jim

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I guess that would depend on Xavier, MMP, and if they could work out an equitable deal. I focus on playing and proof-reading. It's what I can do. I am thinking about dabbling into design. I have some ideas and interesting chrome I think would make tank-on-tank interesting. -- jim
Good luck with your endeavours into design, the more the merrier
Yep, it would all come down to Xavier and MMP cutting a deal I guess,
of course there's no indication if this is even on their radar, perhaps it's of no interest to them
still, it would be a very good solution to the 'Italian Problem' :)

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Good luck with your endeavours into design, the more the merrier
Yep, it would all come down to Xavier and MMP cutting a deal I guess,
of course there's no indication if this is even on their radar, perhaps it's of no interest to them
still, it would be a very good solution to the 'Italian Problem' :)
First, I don't see an "Italian problem". I think the Italians are good where they are. It's only a game. Second, if I were Xavier, I don't know that I would do it. I would be pretty happy right where I am were I him. -- jim

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
First, I don't see an "Italian problem". I think the Italians are good where they are. It's only a game. Second, if I were Xavier, I don't know that I would do it. I would be pretty happy right where I am were I him. -- jim
Absolutely agree. You want very effective Italians? Give them 447s and -2 leaders. Those guys are game changers.

Khill

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
the Italians ain't broke. I love the LFT and appreciate their wonderful work. however, I did not care for their Italian redo. it is tough being Italian in ASL, seems pretty accurate historically. Mark's Italian Action Pack was great. lots of super fun scenarios

WAMedic

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
For the record....I was only checking to see if I could get by with the Broken Ground counters until MMP decided to reprint HL. I wasn't intending to start a debate on the toughness (or late of) of the Italians. ?

Being new I don't have even close to enough experience or knowledge to have an opinion. Just didn't want to get caught with counters that maybe weren't the "official" firepower & morale. ;)

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
For the record....I was only checking to see if I could get by with the Broken Ground counters until MMP decided to reprint HL. I wasn't intending to start a debate on the toughness (or late of) of the Italians. ?

Being new I don't have even close to enough experience or knowledge to have an opinion. Just didn't want to get caught with counters that maybe weren't the "official" firepower & morale. ;)
This is GameSquad... nothing happens the way we intended. ;)

And yes, Broken Ground Italians give you all the Italians, plus much more.

WAMedic

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ha, ha...I hear ya. Just don't what be know as a trouble maker. ?