Italian OOB

WAMedic

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Since I'm still very new to full ASL, I was looking at some options for filling in some gaps in my collection, specifically the Italian OOB. Thinking it might be some time before we see MMP put out Hollow Legions again, I was thinking of getting the Italian OOB from a place like Broken Ground Designs.

Knowing there has been some discussion on the forums about things like the morale of the Italians or the broken side morale, if I order from BG am I getting the same counters as I would with MMP or are these 3rd party counters going to have different fire power, range and morale numbers?

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Without having seen the counters, I am willing to bet a dollar that the BG counters have the official values, just different artwork.

Neal

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
They have standard values, except some counters have a higher morale (white morale) to represent a fanatic unit. But it also includes extra infantry not in the official Hallow Legions OOB, to represent things like assault engineers, etc.

So you should get the official HL OOB, plus some extra stuff.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Note that without chapter H for the Italians, you will miss some important data for the vehicles and guns.

CTKnudsen

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I just finished reading LFT 14, and I wonder if the HL reprint will include any reworking of the Italian infantry - I found the arguments that the 3-4-6 undervalues the first line squad fairly cogent, tbh.

Of course this potentially means a lot of scenario reworking (not to mention the Negus CG), but that certainly didn't stop MMP with regards to Hakka Paalle, so at least there is a precedent.

I guess the deciding factor turns around whether (like HP) someone has done all the work to make it so yet, besides LFT. Who knows, maybe MMP will just incorporate LFT's work into the new module.

I also wonder if the new module will incorporate the scenarios from Few Returned...

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I'd hope to see the Few Returned scenarios in the new HL but given it will have all the WoA ones in there, I doubt it.
I would be surprised if they amended the standard Italian OB squads. They may include others but I, personally, feel that should be left to SSR in scenarios.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
...I wonder if the HL reprint will include any reworking of the Italian infantry...
I doubt that the existing will be changed.

...but that certainly didn't stop MMP with regards to Hakka Paalle, so at least there is a precedent.
But, HP didn't change existing MMC types - just added new ones.

I also wonder if the new module will incorporate the scenarios from Few Returned...
I would be surprised if it did not include at least some out-of-print scenarios.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Since I'm still very new to full ASL, I was looking at some options for filling in some gaps in my collection, specifically the Italian OOB. Thinking it might be some time before we see MMP put out Hollow Legions again, I was thinking of getting the Italian OOB from a place like Broken Ground Designs.

Knowing there has been some discussion on the forums about things like the morale of the Italians or the broken side morale, if I order from BG am I getting the same counters as I would with MMP or are these 3rd party counters going to have different fire power, range and morale numbers?
alan’s counters cover all the official ones plus the extras with the raised morale etc he covers all bases and you get the fanatic version of the counters as well. The ncluding heroic SMC’s and wounded ones different artwork but well worth the purchase if you cannot wait to get the official one, he’ll get them anyway as they are goddam good counters!

WAMedic

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Awesome, thanks everyone! Think I might pick up a couple of the OOB's from them, including the Sniper counters. Those look very handy as well.

CTKnudsen

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I doubt that the existing will be changed... But, HP didn't change existing MMC types - just added new ones.
Yeah, I looked at what I wrote earlier and I wasn't very clear. I too highly doubt that the entire existing Infantry OOB thrown out the window, but I do hope they flesh it out a bit by adding some more squad types. And normally I am against this sort of thing - it's a game, and some abstracting is ok, but 3 FP for 1st line? Yikes.

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I doubt they will. 3FP, by the way, is also the case for first line Axis Minor (and Chinese) troops.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Before we get into a flame war over what should and should not be in Hollow Legions [3d Ed], let's give MMP a chance to finish getting out
Croix de Guerre [2d Ed] and maybe get ASL Journal 13 printed up. Shall we?

CTKnudsen

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I doubt they will. 3FP, by the way, is also the case for first line Axis Minor (and Chinese) troops.
True enough!

Before we get into a flame war over what should and should not be in Hollow Legions [3d Ed], let's give MMP a chance to finish getting out
Lol! I was about to say that I would never start a flame war here (and I certainly wasn't intending to) but I have been known to throw a few IIFT-bombs when I'm feeling particularly puckish/bloody minded...

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Awesome, thanks everyone! Think I might pick up a couple of the OOB's from them, including the Sniper counters. Those look very handy as well.
I highly recommend the Broken Ground sniper counters with their printed SAN numbers. These are most handy when playing night scenarios which will have a higher SAN than that which is printed on the scenario card. Certainly helps to avoid confusion!

Jumbo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
They have standard values, except some counters have a higher morale (white morale) to represent a fanatic unit. But it also includes extra infantry not in the official Hallow Legions OOB, to represent things like assault engineers, etc.

So you should get the official HL OOB, plus some extra stuff.

Those sure are some great-looking counters!

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Flame war? No. A bit of nudging perhaps.;)

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I'd hope to see the Few Returned scenarios in the new HL but given it will have all the WoA ones in there, I doubt it.
I would be surprised if they amended the standard Italian OB squads. They may include others but I, personally, feel that should be left to SSR in scenarios.
hate to disagree with you Martin but I simply have to, I really, really hope MMP offer a reworked Italian OOB
this is the ideal opportunity for them to do so