New Modules

Brad M-V

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Probst always has an arrogant answer
Always? If Bruce has one fault it would be he's brutally honest most times and doesn't sugar coat any of his replies, agreed, but he's generally correct in what he posts to be fair. Granted, I've had him jump on me with both feet for saying something incorrect a few times, and I think I'm probable suffering from GameSquad's ASL Forms "Post-traumatic stress disorder" because of it, but I think I'll survive. One thing's for sure though, I hesitate before pressing the "post reply" button now. ;-)

Last edited:

Jumbo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just pre-ordered "Biazza Ridge" on Gamer's Armory.
Really looking forward to this.
Tight finances precluded me from also pre-ordering "Brevity".
But, I may do it anyway.
Advancing Fire guys, keep going.
IMHO, you should just publish your products - I believe you will sell them out.
I really, really want your "Prokorovka" game.
Looking good, Advancing Fire!!!

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
Always? If Bruce has one fault it would be he's brutally honest most times and doesn't sugar coat any of his replies
I have many faults, but I don't see why this would be one of them.

Let's just call it an accumulated reading of your posts over the past week or two, on several topics on this board...

"Always with the negative waves, Moriarty!"

Time to lighten up. It would be good for your soul as well. ;)

Frankly, innovation and original work (unlike certain NY 3rd parties who rip off 20-year old work of others in 'tributes') should be applauded in this clique we are in. IN this case, only 'positive' comments were necessary...not everyone is going to get it, nor may be interested, but it took extra effort on your part to say your piece, which needed not be said.
Well, I don't think anyone was really interested in your amateur psychology (me least of all), so who are you to blather on about "extra effort"?

I said nothing about the "original work"; I said I'm not interested. I didn't say that they shouldn't have gone to the effort; I said I'm not interested. As to why I said it, the OP asked a question and I answered it. It didn't seem to me that the initial post in the thread was rhetorical. As conversation it fell far short of Oscar Wilde, but conversation it is nonetheless.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I've played a couple of them in playtest, one from each pack.
I was impressed with the reaction to my feedback and the explaination of why the scenarios were the way the were.
I'm particularly interested in the operational level they have to the pack. It may or may not work but I'm willing to give it a go and given the reaction to feedback, I expectthem to work and work well.

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok guys Advancing Fire a new Italian TPP are releasing two modules shortly OP Brevity which needs 37 more pre orders to make the cut and Biazzi Ridge needing 7 more to make the cut . If they don’t they will not see the light of day . Have a look at their website and see if your interested ?
I'll take a look. Have you/they posted on boardgamegeek.com? There's a good sized community there.

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Well, I don't think anyone was really interested in your amateur psychology (me least of all), so who are you to blather on about "extra effort"?

I said nothing about the "original work"; I said I'm not interested. I didn't say that they shouldn't have gone to the effort; I said I'm not interested. As to why I said it, the OP asked a question and I answered it. It didn't seem to me that the initial post in the thread was rhetorical. As conversation it fell far short of Oscar Wilde, but conversation it is nonetheless.
As my momma used to say, "Sometimes it's better to not say anything at all."

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada

I guess you can add poor reading comprehension to your faults, since a more careful reading of the original post will reveal to you that it wasn't posing you a question, nor asking your opinion. It was a plea for anyone reading to take a look and see if, indeed, it interested them. The reason for the plea, which should have been obvious, was to boost the preorder numbers to get it to the goal so those that want it can have it. Secondarily, it's a courtesy to anyone who might be interested in this subject but hadn't seen or paid attention to the other posts about it. Really, it wasn't an invitation to you to converse about anything.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
This project is innovative and interesting.
However, I won't preorder it, because the "Kampfgruppe" concept would be too time consuming (I prefer try an already existing campaign, if I had more time on my hands).
DTO is not my preferred TOO - but I do like the occasional desert scenario.
And I have a limited budget : recently ordered the WO pack, Deluxe redux and CdG2, not speaking of a number of other boardgames...
So I am not personally interested.