I Now Have Enough Opel Blitz Trucks

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I have so much stuff to play that I think I will put a hold on buying anything else for the foreseeable future. Unless of course it is really interesting.
What could be more interesting than forty-six Opel Blitz trucks? Are you holding out for forty-seven?

JR

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I have so much stuff to play that I think I will put a hold on buying anything else for the foreseeable future. Unless of course it is really interesting.
This is funny, Scott! ?
We all know that there is always a ton of really interesting stuff.

Cheers,
von Marwitz

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just make sure your anti-viral drugs are handy. Just saying.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Whose turn is it to refuel all those trucks? Herr Oberst want to go shopping!

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
85 more plus the four existing counters would give you every Ferdinand committed to Kursk.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As a measure against "Oh dear," [I understand your remark, I am after your "technical" term] what is the term in use for Russian kill ratio reports (never mined Russian loss ratio reports)? I know they (Russians) were deemed decent-to-good on captured kit...

As a further aside...as I credit you will know better than I...which nation had the as best as can be accurate "kill ratio" in WW2. (Ground combat only here.)

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
As a measure against "Oh dear," [I understand your remark, I am after your "technical" term] what is the term in use for Russian kill ratio reports (never mined Russian loss ratio reports)? I know they (Russians) were deemed decent-to-good on captured kit...

As a further aside...as I credit you will know better than I...which nation had the as best as can be accurate "kill ratio" in WW2. (Ground combat only here.)
Mmm, but that's just it. There are so many ways to kill a tank, the ratios are kind of meaningless outside of propaganda. You've got mines, anti-tank guns, aerial bombs, enemy tanks, tank destroyers, infantry close assault, demolition charges, and the old favourite, mechanical breakdown or even just lousy drivers. John Ellis does crunch a few numbers in BRUTE FORCE. I think wrongway149 probably has a good handle on tank strengths and losses or at the least knows which books are worth reading on the subject. I'd go less for German tank commanders who actually served, and more for anyone who has been able to set foot in the Russian archives in the last 20 years....