Biazza Ridge pack available for pre-orders!

sebosebi

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
I hope you are also doing promotion on Boardgamegeek and Consimworld as well.

You might also want to see if the Two Half Squads or some other ASL podcast would be willing to have you on to promote your upcoming product.

I should note that, even here, it is possible for someone to do marketing without it appearing like marketing. Just to give one example, what if one of your friends started a thread like "What upcoming products are you most interested in?" and in their own answer to that question took the time to "talk up" Biazza Ridge as one of the products they were really looking forward to. There are many "soft marketing" opportunities in a forum like this even if your "hard" or "overt" marketing opportunities may be limited.
I really don't like to make that "soft marketing", i prefear more spontaneous actions, on FB some people said spontaneously that is interested to both the products, if nobody said that here, if it is true, there is no problem. On Boardgamegeek we posted both our products since November, we dont follow Consimworld.

FB gave us no limits to talk about our products, here the thread was blocked after 4 hours, then unlocked for a couple of weeks, i dont know why i can still write here and i dont know how long i could.

Two Half Squad and Illuminating Rounds podcasts have already talked about us... obviously since we haven't yet printed, there aren't reviews and unboxing around

Last edited:

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'll just say that, having observed pre-order campaigns for MMP and GMT and others in the past, it is regular, even relentless pushing and publicizing by publishers or designers that get the games on non-fan-favorite topics to the number needed. You should regularly be pushing this out on Consimworld, Boardgamegeek, every possible ASL-related Facebook group that you can, and here, of course. See if Banzai or View from the Trenches will interview you, too. You should be the Terminator of ASL marketing. :)

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Get with Dan Best (Danno here on GS) of the KC ASL Group and do a little promotion also. He's got the March Madness Tourney coming up in about six weeks. Should have around 30-35 players if last year is any indication (I'll be one of them).

sebosebi

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Ok Mark, thanks for your suggestions, i think we did our best and that we are enough visible on FB. However, i don't want to continue these marketing talks on a public page because it seems inappropriate to me ... I'm perfectly available in private.

Honvik

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I am posting and including it in all our newsletters. We really want this printed for the ASL community.

Phil

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Ok Mark, thanks for your suggestions, i think we did our best and that we are enough visible on FB. However, i don't want to continue these marketing talks on a public page because it seems inappropriate to me ... I'm perfectly available in private.
I'd disagree with the suggestion you need to be constantly re-messaging the same social media repeatedly. There is a law of diminishing returns as far as marketing, and if your instinct is that you've taken it as far as you can on social media like BGG and FB, I would say your instincts are good and that you are probably right.

However, I think YouTube is another avenue for you to explore, with the added bonus that if you become truly popular, you can monetize and make some money back for your projects.

Particularly with something innovative like this, a well-crafted video AAR or even just a detailed description of how things work can pay dividends. It's harder at times to 'grok' the project through the printed word and pictures alone.

The downside is that really good video content takes a lot of time to do - on order of 24 hours of work to get a 10 minute video put together.

Last edited:

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
However, I think YouTube is another avenue for you to explore, with the added bonus that if you become truly popular, you can monetize and make some money back for your projects.

Particularly with something innovative like this, a well-crafted video AAR or even just a detailed description of how things work can pay dividends. It's harder at times to 'grok' the project through the printed word and pictures alone.

The downside is that really good video content takes a lot of time to do - on order of 24 hours of work to get a 10 minute video put together.
I would second the YouTube route. A good video might be enough to boost the 'pack' over the finish line. IMHO, Biazza Ridge should hit the pre-order # anyway (it's only like 3 away now) but a little boost might get Brevity Assault over the line as well.

Jumbo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pre-ordered this yesterday.
I really, really want your Prokorovka game.

Last edited:

buser333

Reaction score
As one of the first to put in my pre-order I am very happy to see the support of the ASL community for this project. I've done my share privately to push this through, but special shout-out to Pitman and Olli for their vocal and continuous support.

daveramsey

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llUnited Kingdom
We've pushed one over the line. Just a couple of copies away from both making their numbers - and your last chance to get the lower price for the pair.

Good job guys!