Dividers for old school counter trays. And Box-All info.

Bartleby

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I am playing with 3d printed divider/inserts for my Plano. I can divide a "normal" plan square into four smaller ones when I want. I am just working on what is the most functional for finding things and set-up. The neat thing about the inserts is I can pull them right out of the plano, rather than having to grab the entire tray I can pull a square out. And it appears "small enough" that I can just dump the contents on the table rather than fiddling through with tweezers if I get frustrated. Easy enough to scoop the four sections back up and in when I find what I want.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'd be curious to see what you came up with. I tried a gizmo to divide one compartment into 2 (think the normal divider with a base that's the width of the normal compartment). If you'd like to swap ideas PM me and we can exchange .stl files.

Bartleby

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Happy to share STLs. I am still playing with the "perfect" dimensions so things "just fit". I have the one size that works for most of them. The "side squares" can be a little bigger as they only have brackets on one side. The top corners need to be a little smaller. The bottom row is another set.

Pics should be attached. Testing things out with GTC in the GCACW system.

Attachments

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
If I had it to do again, I would use the biggest Plano I could. ALL Allied Infantry would go in one sorted by type (Elite, First Line, etc). Same for the Axis. All Axis leaders and 1/2 inch support weapons would go in another, again sorted by type. Same for the allied. All of these could be pulled by color. All 5/8 would be sorted into coin envelopes by Chapter H note order with the notes reproduced in the actual envelopes. Of course by now, I have RAACO and 3-d printed inserts so I am past the point of no return. Stupid Sunken Cost fallacy. -- jim

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
If I had it to do again, I would use the biggest Plano I could. ALL Allied Infantry would go in one sorted by type (Elite, First Line, etc). Same for the Axis. All Axis leaders and 1/2 inch support weapons would go in another, again sorted by type. Same for the allied. All of these could be pulled by color. All 5/8 would be sorted into coin envelopes by Chapter H note order with the notes reproduced in the actual envelopes. Of course by now, I have RAACO and 3-d printed inserts so I am past the point of no return. Stupid Sunken Cost fallacy. -- jim
Yeah once you start with RAACO it can get out of control! My German 10’s, 9’s8’s and 7’s leader box 8E288749-1317-4FE6-AF58-5088139AF8A9.jpeg

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am doing kind of this set up All Infantry/ SW in 1 RAACO Handy Box & all AFV's/ Ordnance in coin envelopes. It will be as travel compact as I can get. I have had the RAACO Handy Box for about 5 years and too much $$ invested to not use it.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Anyone happen to know the Chapter H Vehicle and Gun counts for the "Big 4" (e.g., German, Russian, US, British)? The number of unique vehicles/guns, not the number of counters for each vehicle/gun. Otherwise, I'm going to be digging into my RB tonight.

TIA

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I thought you were retired? You should have plenty of time to convert your system :LOL:

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Anyone happen to know the Chapter H Vehicle and Gun counts for the "Big 4" (e.g., German, Russian, US, British)? The number of unique vehicles/guns, not the number of counters for each vehicle/gun. Otherwise, I'm going to be digging into my RB tonight.
You can probably copy+paste these into Excel and sort out the 1/2" counters and count the remaining entries:

Bartleby

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
So you gave me an idea to try, and I 3d printed a number of dividers and tried to get all of my allied infantry into one Plano broken down by type. Here is the first crack at the results using only the core module counters. Of course the new French counters coming will mess this up. Maybe I will move the original Blue French over to the Axis plano and make room for the Free French here. Anyway - the experiment continues.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
So you gave me an idea to try, and I 3d printed a number of dividers and tried to get all of my allied infantry into one Plano broken down by type. Here is the first crack at the results using only the core module counters. Of course the new French counters coming will mess this up. Maybe I will move the original Blue French over to the Axis plano and make room for the Free French here. Anyway - the experiment continues.
This looks cool and I am glad it works for you. I personally would have all Elite units (boxed E) from all Nationalities in the same bin. Then pull by color. The Japanese 4-4-8 and the German 4-6-8 are different colors so they are easily distinguishable. -- jim