MMP Updates 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

voyager77

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Was at WO but would like to hear from MMP an update of what’s in the pipeline and timing, i.e Ponryi, Next Journal, reprints, overlay reprints, electronic rulebook, etc. What is MMP’s priorities and timelines? Time for their customers to hear details and an an update please

Honosbinda

Reaction score
Country
ll
Was at WO but would like to hear from MMP an update of what’s in the pipeline and timing, i.e Ponryi, Next Journal, reprints, overlay reprints, electronic rulebook, etc. What is MMP’s priorities and timelines? Time for their customers to hear details and an an update please
It's always, always, always time for MMP to do that, and they even have a web page for it, don't they? http://www.multimanpublishing.com/News/tabid/82/Default.aspx

For the most part, they don't bother to update their own production schedule, as you can see for yourself -- last entry May 2019 -- what a joke.

This is an ongoing problem, but fans of MMP look the other way and hate that I keep bringing this up. One issue might be the puppet masters at Hasbro, because it would take about 5 minutes per week to keep that web page updated. But that can't be the whole story, because MMP publishes more than ASL; games and products not owned by Hasbro.

So, one must conclude they just aren't interested in keeping their customers informed regularly. Which is why GMT (and most everybody else) kicks their behinds in that department every single month.

For this lack of communication, I don't buy any of MMPs non-ASL products. They don't deserve my business on those other product lines.

MMP provides updates on Fakebook from time-to-time. You might check that out.

dur

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's always, always, always time for MMP to do that, and they even have a web page for it, don't they? http://www.multimanpublishing.com/News/tabid/82/Default.aspx

For the most part, they don't bother to update their own production schedule, as you can see for yourself -- last entry May 2019 -- what a joke.

This is an ongoing problem, but fans of MMP look the other way and hate that I keep bringing this up. One issue might be the puppet masters at Hasbro, because it would take about 5 minutes per week to keep that web page updated. But that can't be the whole story, because MMP publishes more than ASL; games and products not owned by Hasbro.

So, one must conclude they just aren't interested in keeping their customers informed regularly. Which is why GMT (and most everybody else) kicks their behinds in that department every single month.

For this lack of communication, I don't buy any of MMPs non-ASL products. They don't deserve my business on those other product lines.

MMP provides updates on Fakebook from time-to-time. You might check that out.
Thanks for this excellent answer to OP's question.

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sure. I have no release dates for you, but in general order of effort in the near term (after CdG and the WO Bonus Pack are out the door), we're looking at something like:
• ASLRB reprint
• Starter Kit Expansion Pack #2
• FKaC
reprint
• ASL Journal XIII
• Overlay Bundle

There are also a few new-ish items that we'll slot in where we see fit but I'm not able to detail those just yet. We have some more playtesting to do on the Normandy HASL, but I think it's close enough to say it's likely a 2020 release.

Longer-term: Ponyri has basically been finished-playtest-wise, according to Pete, so we'll figure out where it fits. The Italians (with the DTO stuff and Soldiers of the Negus) are the last core module update we've already started in on. The Manila HASL is coming up in this queue also.

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sure. I have no release dates for you, but in general order of effort in the near term (after CdG and the WO Bonus Pack are out the door), we're looking at something like:
• ASLRB reprint
• FKaC
reprint
• ASL Journal XIII
• Overlay Bundle

There are also a few new-ish items that we'll slot in where we see fit but I'm not able to detail those just yet. We have some more playtesting to do on the Normandy HASL, but I think it's close enough to say it's likely a 2020 release.

Longer-term: Ponyri has basically been finished-playtest-wise, according to Pete, so we'll figure out where it fits. The Italians (with the DTO stuff and Soldiers of the Negus) are the last core module update we've already started in on. The Manila HASL is coming up in this queue also.
This is not an ASL product but now that Ariete: The Battle of Bir el Gubi, Libya has meet its preorder target when will it go into production?

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is not an ASL product but now that Ariete: The Battle of Bir el Gubi, Libya has meet its preorder target when will it go into production?
Bob, the counters (which are always the tricky part) will likely print with another game in the next few months (we have to gang these together when we can) and counters take about 3 months to print; so I'd guess Ariete's about 5-6 months out.

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bob, the counters (which are always the tricky part) will likely print with another game in the next few months (we have to gang these together when we can) and counters take about 3 months to print; so I'd guess Ariete's about 5-6 months out.
Thanks! It is really too bad one of the mega billionaires is not a wargamer so they could act as an angel capitalist for you guys!

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
• ASLRB reprint
• FKaC
reprint
• ASL Journal XIII
• Overlay Bundle

I think that you delivered 8 of 11 products in 2019 that were listed last year as to be produced.

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
• ASLRB reprint
• FKaC
reprint
• ASL Journal XIII
• Overlay Bundle

Thx Chas! Great update!

Status
Not open for further replies.