Quick- Hatten Question

Kijug

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Country
llUnited States
Playing HF4. For VC, do you get 1VP for building I26 at the end of turn 5 (yes) AND ALSO 1 VP at game end for control of I26 (per the other VC note)?

Seems strange to get two VP but you could read the VC that way.

Last edited:

buser333

Reaction score
Playing HF4. For VC, do you get 1VP for building I26 at the end of turn 5 (yes) AND ALSO 1 VP at game end for control of I26 (per the other VC note)?

That's what it looks like, though we never examined it that closely as the Americans surrendered at the end of Turn 4 in my playing.

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland

I played this recently and two VP were awarded for I26. I cannot see how you could read the VC in any other way?

aneil1234

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
So mate

The first point in I26 is only available up until the end of game turn five. So that means that you have to push the Americans out of that building by that point in time and control it.
Skilful American play will mean that this does not necessarily occur 100% of the time
the Americans on the other hand should be doing everything they can not to lose it with units in the building and units flanking either side of it. Especially if he's worked at locating rubble that restricts lines of sight to that building.

You then receive at the end of the game (a turn and 1/2 later) 1.4 the following
H 27, I 26, I 28, K 26, K 29, L 26 and L 28.
Again assuming you have all those ?

Of course they get an extra one if they have more MOBILE AF fees the new Americans, those two immobilised tank destroyers and a couple of bazookas can level the playing field in that area quite easily.

I played this several times in play tests and more recently and an American player can stop the I26 from falling by the end of the game let alone the end of turn five

Hope this helps grateful scenario really enjoyed it

Kijug

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Country
llUnited States
Well, we played this "right". The Germans did control I26 at the end of Game Turn 5 for 1 VP. I (Americans) took out a Pz and his other Pz broke his main gun and was recalled. So...no more worries about Pzs! I eventually took out all German armor and all was left were the two immobile American M10s.

Down to the wire...good scenario. I had my HIP M10s near the victory buildings and they came in handy as turn five just about decimated my Americans. Stupid guys keep breaking and the Germans kept breaking them! Lots of 2's and 12's in that game. Anyway, at the end, the Germans made a scramble to run through as many buildings as he could but my M10s and one 6-6-6 and one HS kept shooting and stopped 'em before they could get enough buildings.

Again, good scenario...seemed well balanced. Recommended!

CTKnudsen

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Funny enough I managed to win this one as the Amis, only because while I lost I26 in turn 5, I managed to take it back on my turn 6 and hold it, denying my opponent the one point he needed to win. A fun little scenario.