Croix de Guerre Second Edition now available for preorder.

Victor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, that very question has been put to MMP only about 2000 times over the last couple of years (or however long it's been since they first announced the CdG reprint), and so far MMP have replied with 2000 instances of "no". But maybe #2001 will be the charm.
Yeah I know. Just tired of having to buy the whole new car, when I just need the new speakers. hehe

Korbb

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Whoa Mohammad! How are those who do not have overlays supposed to play some of the French scenarios in CDG that require those overlays?
Boardgamegeek and good printer will do the trick.

I've done it with the overlays from the Action Pack #2 (the most impossible ASL item to find!).

Kijug

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Country
llUnited States
A pitty. So much time waiting to renew my old CdG french. Too much for my wallet. Little interest in new vichy counters (if any at all) and just 2 boards. And a campaign game I will never play.
Yes, games can be luxury but with these prices less people will be attracted....
May not matter. At p850, dunno if we'll ever reach that...may never ship? ?

Blofeld

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Boardgamegeek and good printer will do the trick.

I've done it with the overlays from the Action Pack #2 (the most impossible ASL item to find!).
To be honest, I'm not sure if it is a good move to sell CdG 2nd Edition for 135/180$ and not include one or two sheets of paper with overlays
you need to play for some of the scenarios.

Imagine, MMP did a reprint of AP#2 but without the overlays. "Hey MMP, how should I play the scenarios?" "Go to BGG and do it yourself. Or wait
till we sell you the overlay pack for another nice amount of $$"

At least for me not a very satisfying situation to be in.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Will you not buy it because its missing overlays?

Will you not buy entire APs because it doesn’t contain all the boards needed?

Korbb

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Boardgamegeek/printer is just a temporary solution : the overlay pack will come soon after CdG.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
If entire OBs or mapboards are needed to play certain scenarios in a core module, you certainly have to "find them out of the core modules".

Or are you saying everything - OBs, maps, overlays needed to play all the scenario in each Core Module are contained in the module? Which non SK module is self contained?

Blofeld

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
That's not the point. Something, that had been an integral part of the original module, is missing.

What next? The reprint of HL is without the Italian vehicles?

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
That's not the point. Something, that had been an integral part of the original module, is missing.

What next? The reprint of HL is without the Italian vehicles?
You mean not having entire mapboards or OBs to play all the scenarios is okay but not having an overlay is not?

Blofeld

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
No, I mean something, that had been an integral part of the original module, is missing.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
No, I mean something, that had been an integral part of the original module, is missing.
Yup .. and a few things, that has not been a part of the original module is added.

Even the publishing company, that did the original module, is missing.

Were we promised a straight reprint somewhere?

Whether it's "integral" or not, it looks to me that "missing" OBs and "missing" mapboards might stop us from playing more of the included scenarios than missing overlays. I am just trying to understand this fixation on overlays.

Missing bits and bobs that comes with other modules and packs has always been the "nature of the beast" when it comes to ASL, is it not?

ineation

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
It seems to me (I might be wrong) that all core modules depends on other core modules to be able to play all the scenarios. BUT they do not depend on an action pack or any other add-ons. Even less on packs not yet available or out of print.
So yes, not a deal breaker (unless the overlays would be needed for the majority of scenarios), but definitely weird.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The overlays have been published.

How do think they played those scenarios?

It seems to me (I might be wrong) that all core modules depends on other core modules to be able to play all the scenarios. BUT they do not depend on an action pack or any other add-ons. Even less on packs not yet available or out of print.
So yes, not a deal breaker (unless the overlays would be needed for the majority of scenarios), but definitely weird.

Last edited: