VASL Night League Round One Matchups

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Round 3, Paul Schaeffer and Richard Vieira are playing DTF1 Keren Masala. Richard is setting up the fanatic Italians. We hope to get my Brits started onto the board this week.
Thank you Paul. So noted.
Carl

RZasl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Round 3: Josh Seamon (Germans) and Bob Zinselmeyer (Poles) are setting up to play ASL 85, No Way Out (3rd ed.).

JOS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Round 3: Josh Seamon (Germans) and Bob Zinselmeyer (Poles) are setting up to play ASL 85, No Way Out (3rd ed.).
In the end, my Germans held off Bob's Poles. He is a fun opponent and that made for an enjoyable game.
Enjoy, Joshua

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gentlemen, please check your emails. Several matches that I did not have a result for. Please advise in the event you received an email from me.
Thanks,
Carl

sunoftzu

Reaction score
Country
llTaiwan
No email regarding Night league yet.

I got ones for the DTO and PTO, but am still awaiting Night.

John.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No email regarding Night league yet.

I got ones for the DTO and PTO, but am still awaiting Night.

John.
Hi John, that is correct. I had one player I was waiting to hear from and he had to drop out for personal reasons, so I stepped in to keep the numbers even. Please see the post below. Also, the weekends are really the only time I have to get these out, and as it works out, the night before national holidays ;-).
Carl

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello Gentlemen,

Please find below the pairings for round 4 of the Night League. Congratulations to Josh and Randy for making it to the finals. I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving (to whom it applies.) The final round ends on March 31st for the night league as it is getting started a bit later than the others and I like to allow extra time during the Holidays. Thank you to all who have participated and enjoy the last round. Euan, please let me know what scenario you would like to try. I am fine with whatever side and scenario as I am just filling in.

Thanks again,

Carl

NIght Round 4
Round 4 Pairings 11/27/2019-03/31/2019

3-0 Bracket

Randy Rossi vs Josh Seamon

2-1 Bracket

John Knowles vs Paul Schaeffer

Aaron Cleavin vs Bob Zinselmeyer

Will Willow vs Jason Wert

1-2 Bracket

Nate Staph vs Stephen Stewart

Euan Denniston vs Carl Nogueira

0-3

Kevin Killeen vs Sebastiano Caltabiano

sunoftzu

Reaction score
Country
llTaiwan
Hi Carl,

Paul and I have agreed to play G-023 "Habbaniya Heights" .

Paul has the defending Iraqis (Axis Minor), whilst I have the attacking British.

British balance is in effect.

John.

jwert02

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Will Willow and I finished up our match of AP39 Old Hickory today. Will had the attacking Germans and I the defending Americans. With most of the board seemingly on fire, the Americans held out for the victory in burning buildings. Thanks for the match Will and thanks Carl for another great season.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Will Willow and I finished up our match of AP39 Old Hickory today. Will had the attacking Germans and I the defending Americans. With most of the board seemingly on fire, the Americans held out for the victory in burning buildings. Thanks for the match Will and thanks Carl for another great season.
Glad you guys had a good time. I will note the result. BTW Jason, someone hacked your email again. Been seeing bogus messages purporting to be from you. Carl

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Joy. Thanks Carl
You bet Jason. I have found in the past that drastically changing the pword seems to help some. The more technical among us might be able to add more significant advice.

sunoftzu

Reaction score
Country
llTaiwan
3 turns completed in G-023 "Habbaniya Heights". My Brits made a ghastly start by having BOTH minus leaders wounded in the first fire phase, which really messes up one of the few edges the British have. However, my Brits continued boldly (kind of - if you consider AMing adjacent at night 'boldly'), and I've churned through a few conscripts in CC and taken out a good Iraqi leader. The VCs still look very hard to do, but how often do you get to fight Iraqis in ASL ?????

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
3 turns completed in G-023 "Habbaniya Heights". My Brits made a ghastly start by having BOTH minus leaders wounded in the first fire phase, which really messes up one of the few edges the British have. However, my Brits continued boldly (kind of - if you consider AMing adjacent at night 'boldly'), and I've churned through a few conscripts in CC and taken out a good Iraqi leader. The VCs still look very hard to do, but how often do you get to fight Iraqis in ASL ?????

View attachment 11771
One of only two scenarios that I know of.

sunoftzu

Reaction score
Country
llTaiwan
Paul and I concluded our game of G-23 "Habbaniaya Heights" this evening (for me, morning for him). At the start of British turn 6, it was still looking like the Iraqis had by far the upper hand. But there were opportunities to be had for the British.

Unfortunately for me, the dice were quite brutal to me, and the remaining impetus that the British had simply faded out. I still ended up grabbing 2 of the required 7 VC hexes, but it was clear that I wasn't going to get to 7 in the remaining time, so we called it a day there.

I'm really grateful to Paul to have gotten the chance to play this scenario. It needs some work on it in terms of getting it more balanced, but it's nonetheless a lot of fun trying to find a path up the cliffs at night.

John.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Paul and I concluded our game of G-23 "Habbaniaya Heights" this evening (for me, morning for him). At the start of British turn 6, it was still looking like the Iraqis had by far the upper hand. But there were opportunities to be had for the British.

Unfortunately for me, the dice were quite brutal to me, and the remaining impetus that the British had simply faded out. I still ended up grabbing 2 of the required 7 VC hexes, but it was clear that I wasn't going to get to 7 in the remaining time, so we called it a day there.

View attachment 12226

I'm really grateful to Paul to have gotten the chance to play this scenario. It needs some work on it in terms of getting it more balanced, but it's nonetheless a lot of fun trying to find a path up the cliffs at night.

John.
Thanks for the report John.

Paul John

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks to Carl again for running the league and to John for the game. I had to comment a few times as we played that it would have been nice if the dice had allowed him to participate with me. It was one of the more skewed games I've had in a long time. Not just bad timing but consistent punishment from the dice gods for something he must have done earlier. He still got the Brits fairly close. With one turn left he had a shot at 4 of the 5 needed, albeit still needing to weather def fire and/or break my units or win CC. With average luck I probably would have lost. It was fun to play on the escarpment though. That happens too infrequently in my life.