Double One 2020

MTL

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Dear All,

I’m delighted to announce that Double One 2020 will take place at Writtle University College, Essex, over the weekend of Thursday 25th to Sunday 28th of June.

As in previous years, the college has kindly agreed to lay on a curry night on the Thursday evening from 7pm, with pay on the day.

The tournament's scenarios are to be confirmed - a list will be published when they are finalised, as will more details about the tournament format. As in previous years, a pack containing the scenarios will be made available towards the end of March to all those who have pre-registered.

Registration will cost £15 - the same as this year. Entry and accommodation booking forms for B&B at the college are available on the LASL Double One Website:

https://londonasl.siterubix.com/double-one-2020/

Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at

lasl.double.one@gmail.com

Many thanks,

Morris Legge
Gary Norman
Simon Staniforth

Honosbinda

Reaction score
Country
ll
Way to go, gentlemen! Do you want us to paypal you the money to any particular address? Please advise if you will have registration forms and the info for Writtel College dorm fees. Much appreciated!

MTL

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Flavius Magnus Maximus Augustus II
Country
llSweden
I’m delighted to announce that Double One 2020 will take place at Writtle University College, Essex, over the weekend of Thursday 25th to Sunday 28th of June.
I am also delighted :). Barring a spousal veto, Brexit or some other major natural catastrophe I will be there.

I see that you have moved it back one week. Unfortunately this means that I have to deal with all drunken Swedes during midsummer evening of June 20th, albeit luckily enough not at an ASL tournament :).

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
NICE! London in the Summer time. Looking forward to it. -- jim

MTL

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I am also delighted :). Barring a spousal veto, Brexit or some other major natural catastrophe I will be there.

I see that you have moved it back one week. Unfortunately this means that I have to deal with all drunken Swedes during midsummer evening of June 20th, albeit luckily enough not at an ASL tournament :).
Sole purpose of delay - to incapacitate the dastardly Swedish competition!
NICE! London in the Summer time. Looking forward to it. -- jim
More than welcome, Jim!

Meeduluk

Reaction score
First name
Mick
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Well done gents...a well-deserved sweet sherry undoubtedly coming your way down the Wheatsheaf in Writtle ;)

Reactions: MTL

Cpl Uhl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gents, what's the latest you would accept registration? Also what's the latest one could reasonably assume to find vacancy in the B&B? Would love to attend but work prevents early commitment. Thanks.

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Gents, what's the latest you would accept registration? Also what's the latest one could reasonably assume to find vacancy in the B&B? Would love to attend but work prevents early commitment. Thanks.
Sam - it is of course up to the new management but you might be able to just turn up on the day. It is student accommodation in halls of residence so there is plenty going spare.......

MTL

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi - like Joe says - not really a limit, although it sooner is better to allow the college to get the rooms ready and put a key aside for you.

Nate Stapf

Reaction score
Hello,
My family and I are traveling through the U.K. this summer and I may be able to swing by. I'll need to take a bus down from Scarbourough but that shouldn't be a problem.
Nate