It has begun...more or less

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You can see the beginning here: http://www.desperationmorale.com/products/hatten-in-flames/. Hopefully, other new entries will appear over the next month or two, or however long it takes until the Desperation Morale World of ASL compendium is caught up.

You'll notice something missing here. As the photos have been the big sticking point in updating the site, I have for now decided to bypass that whole issue and post entries without photos already accompanying the text (something I have not done before). When I am through, I may go back and add photos, or I may add photos slowly over time. As before, I urge people to contribute photos; if I do decide to use any of your photos, I will credit you in the relevant product entry.

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just out of curiosity, why is it so difficult to post photos? Is it the website interface itself or the time it takes to get good photos? I really don't need photos on DM. I'm just pleased that updates are being posted again.

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just out of curiosity, why is it so difficult to post photos? Is it the website interface itself or the time it takes to get good photos? I really don't need photos on DM. I'm just pleased that updates are being posted again.
Taking a lot of product photos and processing them takes many hours. It doesn't have anything to do with the website itself.

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You can see the beginning here: http://www.desperationmorale.com/products/hatten-in-flames/. Hopefully, other new entries will appear over the next month or two, or however long it takes until the Desperation Morale World of ASL compendium is caught up.

You'll notice something missing here. As the photos have been the big sticking point in updating the site, I have for now decided to bypass that whole issue and post entries without photos already accompanying the text (something I have not done before). When I am through, I may go back and add photos, or I may add photos slowly over time. As before, I urge people to contribute photos; if I do decide to use any of your photos, I will credit you in the relevant product entry.
Can you reference the photos at Gameboard Geek with a link? Let others do the work.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm willing to try to photograph AP14 if no one else has volunteered. Unfortunately, everything else I own is punched and filed.

jwoodall04

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for all your efforts, Mark. Much appreciated by this relative newcomer. Without you and Patrick Ireland, I don't know that I'd be playing ASL.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
People who want to look up a game on Boardgamegeek can do that on their own.
On BGG, you can create your personal gallery, which is not automatically linked to a given game.
I have posted images there to have an online link.

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Yay! Great news. Thank you for such an invaluable buying guide Mark. I'm off to read the review............

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Triplicate, duplicated over priced and in some cases quadrupled product repackaged and sold as new products with over inflated prices, some playtested in the late 90s or not.

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Perhaps a blanket "only buy if someone you trust recommends them". That has been my policy for years now. -- jim
It was not so much what to write but whether to include new products at all, include them but have no write-ups, have write-ups of a selected few only, or something else. I really don't want to cough up any more money buying Critical Hit products like I have been doing just for the website.