Recall and Bounding Fire

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Situation in a VotG CG:

A stopped halftrack under Recall is beginning its MPh.

On its Start MP can it fire its MA (IFE)?

Thanks,

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Absolutely (D3.3 & 3.31)! It can even fire its weapon(s) prior to the start MP expenditure albeit still as a bounding firer. Note that it may be further penalized AFTER expending a Start MP as it then Non-stopped (D2.42).

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks to all!

So if a recalled halftrack fires its IFE(6) prior to expending a Start MP would the IFT attack be halved?

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Note you can't fire before you start if you want to change CA, even TCA.

JR
I thought that if I fire, I just pay the case A.

It makes sense that you cant change the CA before shooting ( if you want to change your CA in the Mph, you have to pay the m point) but I cannot find the rule... Can you help me? THx

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I thought that if I fire, I just pay the case A.

It makes sense that you cant change the CA before shooting ( if you want to change your CA in the Mph, you have to pay the m point) but I cannot find the rule... Can you help me? THx
C5.13 "Case A is never applicable to an ATTACKER firing during his own MPh. A Bounding First Firer must always fire within its current CA; it may change that CA only via MP expenditure."

If the vehicle is stopped and recalled, its first MP expenditure must be to start.

JR

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
If the vehicle is stopped and recalled, its first MP expenditure must be to start.

JR
Hm, without having double-checked:
Ain't a loaded ht under Recall allowed to unload first and thus the first MP(s) would be for unloading at least in that case?

von Marwitz

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
C5.13 "Case A is never applicable to an ATTACKER firing during his own MPh. A Bounding First Firer must always fire within its current CA; it may change that CA only via MP expenditure."

JR
Thanks JR.
You, and a few other around here, make me read slowly the rules... C5.13 !!
I don’t know how I missed that!

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Hm, without having double-checked:
Ain't a loaded ht under Recall allowed to unload first and thus the first MP(s) would be for unloading at least in that case?
Yes, that could be true. However I am not aware of a halftrack with both PP capacity and an IFE MA.

JR

jimfer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
While on the thread... If a halftrack with main armament is under recall (dang snipers) what would its total mods be if it fires on start up at a tank in open ground 5 hexes away before any movement?
+1 BU
and....?

Jimfer

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
While on the thread... If a halftrack with main armament is under recall (dang snipers) what would its total mods be if it fires on start up at a tank in open ground 5 hexes away before any movement?
+1 BU
and....?

Jimfer
If using the TH procedures for ordnance, at a minimum you would be subject to Case C4 after a Start MP expenditure in addition to to the +1 for being Stunned/STUNNED as you are now non-Stopped. If you use a MG on the IFT to just effect the CE-crew/Riders, you would be penalized as a motion firer and bounding firer in addition to a possible CE DRM and the +1 Stun/STUN. It may also depend upon the type of terrain you, the firer, are in as well as doubling the lower dr in some cases.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
One would usually go CE (most ht are Open Topped and can't fire their MA while BU) and then fire before expending a Start MP. The at least the doubling of the lower die does not apply. Case A would be +5 for a NT, and another +1 for the stun.

jimfer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
SPW 251-10

so +1 stun, + 3 NT case C, +2 Case B...
Why does the start up MP not cause me to double the lower die? Is it because I have not entered a new hex?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
SPW 251-10

so +1 stun, + 3 NT case C, +2 Case B...
Why does the start up MP not cause me to double the lower die? Is it because I have not entered a new hex?
Because under Klas's assumption, you go CE and fire before expending a start MP. You can do this if you don't have to change CA. If you have to change CA, you have to expend an MP, which would have to be the start MP, and in that case you would double the lower dr.

JR

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
One would usually go CE (most ht are Open Topped and can't fire their MA while BU) and then fire before expending a Start MP. The at least the doubling of the lower die does not apply. Case A would be +5 for a NT, and another +1 for the stun.
Yes, going CE and firing prior to expending a start MP would be the better alternative.