Can a HT AA MG make a TH DR on an AFV?

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
Sorry if I caused confusion. I assumed that the IFT(M)QRDC is just a rearrangement of the official tables.

Russ Isaia

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't think your charts are wrong as the only other place I found the annotation was on the Ole Boe charts. However, one could arrive at the same conclusion by reading C5.2 as an AAMG has no CA restrictions (normally).
NOTE: There have been a few clarifications and errata to certain publications of the charts but these are noted on the MMP site and if you have the BV3 edition those should be the most current.
hmm. This is a Game in serious need of version control.

BV3 had no charts (leastwise, my second copy of BV, which I think is version 3, as opposed to version 1, which I know was the original, had no charts). So the current dividers are from the Rulebook, 2d Ed., except where replaced by HP! (that "!" is not intended grammatically).

HP! replaced QRDC, B, D, E and the Nat'l Capabilities Chart/OBA Flowchart but not, among others, C. So we have the anomaly of Table C5 on the QDRC reflecting the Errata on the MMP site but not OB's refinements, and Table C5 on the C Divider not reflecting either.

I guess I need to just get back to playing the game and forget about whether I have the right rule set of the game.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

BV3 had no charts (leastwise, my second copy of BV, which I think is version 3, as opposed to version 1, which I know was the original, had no charts). So the current dividers are from the Rulebook, 2d Ed., except where replaced by HP! (that "!" is not intended grammatically).

HP! replaced QRDC, B, D, E and the Nat'l Capabilities Chart/OBA Flowchart but not, among others, C. So we have the anomaly of Table C5 on the QDRC reflecting the Errata on the MMP site but not OB's refinements, and Table C5 on the C Divider not reflecting either.

I guess I need to just get back to playing the game and forget about whether I have the right rule set of the game.
You're more than likely correct that BV3 did not include charts, just couldn't remember. When I was deployed we had a home fire and destroyed my other charts (or smoke damaged them anyway) and I had to reorder them, just forgot that I had ordered them separately. IIRC you are also right that some newer ones came with HP (got a good memory, just darn short). Either way I still like the Ole Boe charts as there are/were some special extras that he included in his charts that were fairly handy for reference.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Doesn't matter which version of the rules I'm using as I'm going to screw things up anyway. :whistle:

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Either way I still like the Ole Boe charts as there are/were some special extras that he included in his charts that were fairly handy for reference.
Same here. The Ole Boe chart is the best two page play-aid that is out there with regard to overall usefulness IMHO.

Here is a link for download for those interested:

By now it could use a minor update as some things are missing by now (the 114 HEAT round for example and Korea stuff).

von Marwitz

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Same here. The Ole Boe chart is the best two page play-aid that is out there with regard to overall usefulness IMHO.

Here is a link for download for those interested:

By now it could use a minor update as some things are missing by now (the 114 HEAT round for example and Korea stuff).

von Marwitz
Figured about the Korea special stuff but was unaware the 114 HEAT was not included (but I guess I should have been as it was probably only a Finnish deal?).

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Figured about the Korea special stuff but was unaware the 114 HEAT was not included (but I guess I should have been as it was probably only a Finnish deal?).
Ole Boe seems to have withdrawn from the hobby - or at least the public part of it - long ago. Thus his lastest version v3.6 of his fine play-aid dates from before the release of the HP and Korea core-modules, which are thus not taken into account.

Probably it would not be too much work to update his v3.6 to include the changes provided one would have software at hand that would allow for the editing of the available PDF.

von Marwitz

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
Ole Boe seems to have withdrawn from the hobby - or at least the public part of it - long ago. Thus his lastest version v3.6 of his fine play-aid dates from before the release of the HP and Korea core-modules, which are thus not taken into account.

Probably it would not be too much work to update his v3.6 to include the changes provided one would have software at hand that would allow for the editing of the available PDF.
I am willing to give it a try, but I own neither HP nor Korea. What exactly should be changed/added? Is there a leader to direct me?

fenyan

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm definitely a 6+1. I think these are the new additions to the charts:

From Hakkaa Päälle:
AP TO KILL TABLE: add 114* to Basic TK# 15 column (with 57L & 57LL)

From Forgotten War:
IFT: add C57 to column 16

LEADER CREATION: after U.S., British, German add "BCFK"
after Russian, Italian, G.M.D. add "KPA, KATUSA"

HEAT OF BATTLE: after Wading Infantry/Cavalry add "Bayonet Charge"

At the end of *Treat as Berserk add "Early KE ROK, UN Turkish, CPVA not ADJACENT to Good Order UN Infantry unit (W7.9), PO"

At the end of *Treat as Battle Hardening add "UN Turkish in a Pillbox (W5.11)"

At the end of †Treat as Battle Hardening add "UN Turkish in a Pillbox (W5.11)"

DRM Cause: after Elite, British, Finnish add "BFCK"
after French, Partisan add "CPVA"
after Russian, Allied Minor add "KPA"
after Axis Minor, Italian add "KATUSA, ROK, UN Turkish"
after Japanese add "Early KW ROK"

HEAT TO KILL TABLE
CVPA RCL has Gun Size 57 with Basic TK# 9
M38A1C Jeep has Gun Size 105 with Basic TK# 25

Last edited:

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
What's CTC? I might update the IIFT version, too.
Conditional Task Check on the IIFT, which only applies on unconcealed targets.
It is explained in the rulebook.
See A7.37, note 10A, last sentence :
Anyone concerned about concealment being stripped away too easily can adopt the "conditional" PTC as a house rule.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
What's CTC? I might update the IIFT version, too.
Conditional Task Check just as Swiftandsure explained. Ole Boe's v3.6 with the IIFT+CTC can be found here:

von Marwitz

fenyan

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"Treat as Berserk if: Japanese, Gurhka, Partisan, Fanatic, Commisar, SS vs Russians or subject to No Quarter (A15.5), Early KE ROK, CPVA not ADJACENT to Good Order UN Infantry unit (W7.9), PO "

What is "PO"?
PO is a Political Officer--W7.31: CPVA treat Political Officers (PO) as Commissars just as if they were 10/42 Russians (A25.22-.223) unless specified otherwise. Political Officers have a red Strength Factor (A10.7). A unit is not immune to DM status while being rallied by a PO, but the DRM is +2 instead of the normal +4 (A10.62), and a unit which fails to rally under the direction of a PO is not Replaced/Casualty-Reduced/eliminated per A25.222. No leader may be exchanged for a PO, which must be specifically assigned in the OB.