CASLO XXIV - Fredericton NB 15 - 17 May

von Garvin

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
This is a friendly reminder that the D-Day Dodgers ASL Club of Southern New Brunswick cordially invite you to attend the XXIV Canadian ASL Open, to be held this year in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada. This will be held from 15 - 17 May 2020. Fredericton is a mere one hour from the northern end of I-95, and the local airport has many flights daily from Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal and Halifax. Flights are reasonable and if you're coming from the US, your dollar goes a long way! This event is sponsored in part by Slitherine, producers of fine computer-based wargames. Register early (prior to the end of Feb, 2020) and save five dollars. Canadian ASL Association members save a further five dollars. All prices in Canadian Dollars. (Protip for my US friends: the Canadian dollar is low these days, so buy now to save!) See you in beautiful Fredericton in May! https://canadianasl.org/caslo/

Khill

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
This is a friendly reminder that the D-Day Dodgers ASL Club of Southern New Brunswick cordially invite you to attend the XXIV Canadian ASL Open, to be held this year in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada. This will be held from 15 - 17 May 2020. Fredericton is a mere one hour from the northern end of I-95, and the local airport has many flights daily from Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal and Halifax. Flights are reasonable and if you're coming from the US, your dollar goes a long way! This event is sponsored in part by Slitherine, producers of fine computer-based wargames. Register early (prior to the end of Feb, 2020) and save five dollars. Canadian ASL Association members save a further five dollars. All prices in Canadian Dollars. (Protip for my US friends: the Canadian dollar is low these days, so buy now to save!) See you in beautiful Fredericton in May! https://canadianasl.org/caslo/
very exciting news. about time CASLO came to the Maritimes! can't get form to work for me. please sign me up. I will pay in cash when we get there. looks like you might expect four or five from the Maine crew. looking forward to it --keith

von Garvin

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
very exciting news. about time CASLO came to the Maritimes! can't get form to work for me. please sign me up. I will pay in cash when we get there. looks like you might expect four or five from the Maine crew. looking forward to it --keith
Hi Keith

I updated the page. Check the register page again. Option 2 is to pay by Paypal (preferable as friends. Ha!)
Look forward to seeing you and don't forget to book a room! The US dollar is gangbusters right now

David

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Flavius Magnus Maximus Augustus II
Country
llSweden
Fredericton is 8.5 hours of driving from Montréal, according to Google Maps.
According to Google Maps/Flight Fredericton is 29 h 45 m from Ängelholm, with a return cost of 23 024 SEK (economy class), so despite a genuine interest to participate and to meet Mike, David and others again, I think I have to pass.

Khill

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
According to Google Maps/Flight Fredericton is 29 h 45 m from Ängelholm, with a return cost of 23 024 SEK (economy class), so despite a genuine interest to participate and to meet Mike, David and others again, I think I have to pass.
it's only money. what's a couple grand (CAD) for a long (Victoria Day) weekend of great ASL camaraderie and competition that is CASLO! and you know that Dave will have a great scotch!! your price quote seems bit high. fly to Boston half that. same drive time to Fredericton or the train to Maine ($40USD) and drive over with us

Last edited:

von Garvin

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
If trains are running, the closest you can get is Moncton, about an hour and a bit away.

von Garvin

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
You're in! See you in May!