German AFV/Vehicle Info Cards [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for the post, Eagle. I indeed had the wrong counter image in the card. I fixed it.

And, in the few cases that I put two counter images on a single card, the card only refers to the image on the left. It's that, or make two cards. I have chosen to consolidate at the expense of some initial confusion.

Regarding Note B, I do reference it in the upper left corner. To be honest, I am probably not being as rigorous as I should on including some of the notes. For example, in other cards, I do not necessarily include mention of the optional equipment. Just depends on whether or not I have room in the notes area.

Another example: I do not ever include note N, which describes the unit's availability in North Africa. For the users that want to know exactly the note language and any RF# or unit availability, etc. Chapter H is still the place to go. The card is primarily for use while sitting at the game table.

Ken

Corrected card below:
View attachment 10413
I know you're a bit along in the project but perhaps you could consider combining a portion of the upper left and lower left "note" boxes for clarity & brevity. EX: Upper left info just put in 15. PzKpfw IIIL; lower left Notes: 23Tn, B. Opt. AAMG '44-45 RF 1.3, N. North Africa, S. Schuerzen (D11.2). This would provide a minimum of verbage but a clear reference to what notes may be applicable. As for the brief historical notes bottom center these could be better left off completely as they are provided in Chapter H, perhaps in greater detail and have very little bearing on play of a scenario or DYO if one has already done a bit of research. Use of common accepted ASL acronyms could be a benefit also such as even substituting Sz for Schuerzen in the notes as this would be readily recognizable by ASL players. Of course this is only thoughts on your project and may not be feasible given the amount of work already expended, but perhaps food for thought.?

KenH

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I know you're a bit along in the project but perhaps you could consider combining a portion of the upper left and lower left "note" boxes for clarity & brevity. EX: Upper left info just put in 15. PzKpfw IIIL; lower left Notes: 23Tn, B. Opt. AAMG '44-45 RF 1.3, N. North Africa, S. Schuerzen (D11.2). This would provide a minimum of verbage but a clear reference to what notes may be applicable. As for the brief historical notes bottom center these could be better left off completely as they are provided in Chapter H, perhaps in greater detail and have very little bearing on play of a scenario or DYO if one has already done a bit of research. Use of common accepted ASL acronyms could be a benefit also such as even substituting Sz for Schuerzen in the notes as this would be readily recognizable by ASL players. Of course this is only thoughts on your project and may not be feasible given the amount of work already expended, but perhaps food for thought.?
Eagle,
That's actually a very good idea. I will take a look at what it will take to implement these suggestions.

As the cards are all created within an Excel master template that I have created, once I get the worksheet adjusted, much of what you suggest could then be automated. For example, right now for each card - all I do is cut-and-paste the raw data (essentially the Charts shown in Chapter H), add a photo and some flavor text, and cut-and-paste in the counter image. Then, I have to add the notes. The rest is all automated.

If I could automate the notes, that would make the card creation even more simple.

I personally like having the flavor text (and photo). Am trying to add more colorful flavor than what is typically in Chapter H as well. So, those elements will remain.

Thanks for the feedback!

Ken

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Im not sure, but looking at the pzkpfw I card, the MG armament cant achive CH... I dont understand de +4 on the CH table... Maybe Im wrong...

KenH

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Im not sure, but looking at the pzkpfw I card, the MG armament cant achive CH... I dont understand de +4 on the CH table... Maybe Im wrong...
Am busy this week, so won't be able to look into this right now. Your comment is good in that I should change the card so that IF a CH not possible, the "+4" (or whatever) in the cell below is removed and a "--" is in it's place.

I am not a rules guru, so not sure what the CH should be for this particular card at each range. Currently, the card shows that it is not possible. Is this correct, gurus? Right now (without my rules book handy), I don't recall.

Ken

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
I’m not rules guru, but at C3.7 you can find this...”...MG (including all 12.7mm [.50-cal] and aircraft MG, but not 15mm) TK attacks have no CH possibility, since this effect is factored into their Basic TK# and Range modifiers....”

best

Status
Not open for further replies.