the emperor is pleased

send said astrologer to Tokyo immediately

fun scenario

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You may want to check Chapter H for the IJA mortar as I believe it only fires dispersed smoke and looks as if you gave it a full strength (+3) smoke. Note it wouldn't stay around as long either.

vonTrotta

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
You may want to check Chapter H for the IJA mortar as I believe it only fires dispersed smoke and looks as if you gave it a full strength (+3) smoke. Note it wouldn't stay around as long either.
Crap, I thought that smoke looked a little enthusiastic at the time.

Cpl Uhl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I played that backwards for years, thinking it was dispersed Smoke and full WP. Special ammo dyslexia...

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I played that backwards for years, thinking it was dispersed Smoke and full WP. Special ammo dyslexia...
And that was me pointing it out to you Sam. Yay! I got something right in this game.................which does not happen very often.:)

Can anyone out there explain why this rule exists please? What was different about the WP and Smoke rounds?

Cpl Uhl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think it has to do with the amount of propellant. WP - not much oropellant, hence the shorter range for WP vice Smoke and shallower angle of flight somehow influencing dispersal.

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Looking on Google does not help - other than the fact that a lot of other wargamers are trying to figure out rules for it.

It might be to represent a lack of WP ammunition? But then why more Smoke rounds than WP........